Status: Every once in a while

To Mend a Heart

Ch. 9: My Perfect Day?

Today might turn out to be a good day. Today might turn out okay. Today would turn out to be a better day. All this was rambling through my head as I sat through today's boring history lesson.

School had already started. To bad it was only class one in my average 5 class school day. It was still better than sitting at home with Tristan. At least here, I knew what would happen, and what wouldn't happen.

A smile passed across my face. This morning, my mum had actually given me a few dollars for breakfast and lunch. However, even after finishing my breakfast, I was still hungry. I could handle it though. This was nothing compared to my daily torment. Lunch couldn't be further away though...

The bell intruded on my thoughts. I left the class-room with a slight smile still stuck on my face as I climbed the steps to My next class. One more class until I could eat again. Just that thought made me want to jump with joy.

"Why are you smiling?"

A shiver shot through my body. Please don't be her, just go away, I thought to myself.

"I know you heard me, bitch. Why the fuck are you smiling about?" repeated the voice.

I forced myself to turn around. Alexis stood in front of me. Of course it was Alexis, it couldn't have been any one else. With her bleach blonde hair and blue eyes, she was the perfect embodiment of the 'popular' girl. She was the school's popular bitch. And what was more popular than tormenting a freak?

"Cat got your tongue, slut?" Alexis asked in a shriveling high-pitched voice.

"N-no, Alexis.."

"Then why are you smiling?"

"I-I don't know-w," I said wearily. If she knew I had money, she would take it from me without remorse.

"Are you sure you don't know?" she asked, walking closer to me.

"N-no, I don-"

"Don't lie to me you fucking slut!!" she screamed.

I ducked my head in terror. I didn't want to get hurt. Not again. Not on my perfect day.

"My m-mum gave me so-some money f-for today." I said feebly.

"Give it to me," she demanded.

Not knowing what else to do, I handed her my money.

"What, is this it? God, you're such a poor slut!" she said with a sad look on her face. "But," she said with a sudden smile, "I know what you could do for me, it would make up for having no money."

"What d-do you want Alexis?"

"Let's play a fun game, it starts with this," she said grabbing my arm.

"What-t are y-you gonna d-do to me?" I asked, even more scared now.

"It's a little game called, 'let's see if poor sluts can fly'." And with that she threw me down the steps.

Panic seized my body. There was nothing I could do to stop myself from falling. Nothing I could do to save myself from more pain. I bounced about halfway down the steps. My shoulder connecting with the steps, causing all the air to rush out of my lungs. Some of the onlookers were laughing. They all deserved to die. Every last one of them.

Finally my fall down the stairs ended. When I reached the bottom, my head snapped backward across the concrete. I could feel something hot and sticky pool underneath me. And then my world faded to black.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been forever since I updated the story. Really sorry about that. As always, comments please? I want to know what everyone thinks of it.