Status: fin :)

If Love Is Sweet, What Is This, Draco Malfoy?

Engagement

Maia Mist’s view – a few days later.

I walked up the stairs, tired as hell. I had been running around all day trying to sort this damned wedding. Narcissa told me to ‘go see Draco quickly’ before I went to bed, so I knocked on his door lightly. He told me to come in, and I closed the door behind me. The lights were dimmed, and Draco was sitting upright with his legs cross on his bed, his eyes shining. I went and sat down next to him on the bed, and Draco smiled at me.
“Hey” he said softly. I didn’t reply, instead taking a sudden interest in my hands. “I’m not going to lie. I want this wedding to happen” he said quietly, and I looked up, shocked. “But at the same time” he continued “I want you to be happy, Maia. There’s not point in doing all of this-” he said, gesturing at nothing in particular but meaning the wedding “If you’re not happy” he finished, and a sad, small smile caught onto my face.
“It doesn’t matter if I’m happy or not though. They’re doing this to make you happy” I whispered, talking for the first time, sounding spiteful and venomous. Draco flinched at my harsh words.
“You know for the first time in my life… my parents are doing the right thing for me. And you know me. I’m a jerk. It seems like all I care about is my happiness, but that’s not true. I really do think I can make you happy Maia, if you give me the chance to” he told me, taking my hand. I slipped my hand out of his
“How can you make me happy when I’m in love with someone else?” I whispered, tears shining in my eyes. The sparkle faded slowly from his eyes.
“You realise I have to do this?” he asked, changing the subject. Draco opened a case slowly to show a beautiful diamond ring. A tear fell down my eye, not a happy one but a sad one. How could I refuse? I was being forced. I gave Draco my hand. Slowly, he slid the ring onto my ring finger, and kissed my cheek, before letting me go back to my room. The deed was sealed. In a few days, I would become Maia Malfoy.
♠ ♠ ♠
You gotta have an engagement, even if the marriage isn’t that great
NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE SUPER LONG I SWEAR!!