Status: fin :)

If Love Is Sweet, What Is This, Draco Malfoy?

The Parkinsons

I sighed as I got up, smiling. It was the start of the holiday. I felt blissful, lying in bed. I rolled over on my side to see it was 4pm. Waking up at 4pm was not un-usual for me. I was a lazy, pretty, rich girl. So I was allowed to, in my opinion. I rubbed my eyes and yawned, before pulling myself out of bed, and rummaging in my cupboard to find something to wear. I was thinking over going for a pair of shorts and a tee instead of a skirt and a top when my phone rang. I sighed and lugged myself out of my en-suite walk in wardrobe, which was the size of a usual room, into my own room. I picked up the phone and yawned a hello into the mouth piece.
“Maia are you awake?” I heard a high pitch, piercing voice say sharply into the phone. I clicked my tongue. Your voice is annoying I thought in my head.
“Yes mother I am awake” I sighed, pulling a brush through my hair as I waited for a reply.
“Good. We tried to wake you up but you wouldn’t earlier. I need you downstairs” she hissed, before putting the phone down. I pressed my lips together. Maybe I’m tired because I had a party until 7 o’clock this morning, yesterday, at Hogwarts. I shook away my annoyed feeling and then went back to my wardrobe before pulling out a short pencil skirt and a top that pulled down almost to cover my skirt. Once I chose those two, I walked at the pace of a snail into the shower and had a long, hot shower that lasted for about an hour and fifteen minutes before getting out and then drying my hair with my wand while I pulled on my outfit. I then squirted perfume and brushed my hair into a sophisticated bun as I applied a ‘natural’ make up style. I didn’t want to clump my skin with foundation like the other girls in school caked it on, so I applied a little bit of concealer where it was needed and then swiped on a little mascara quickly, not bothering to go ‘dramatic’ with the mascara wand, and then that was my make-up done. I walked downstairs slowly to see my parents talking to Pansy’s parents, and rolled my eyes. I ignored Pansy and her parents, including mine, and walked into the kitchen. “Maia!” my mother said sharply. I clenched my insides to stop from snapping at her and turning around
“Yes mother?” I asked sweetly
“How dare you be so rude?! Talk to your gests and greet your parents, do not just ignore us!” she spat, glaring at me. I chocked back a sigh. Oh dear, she blew my cover of ignoring her (note the sarcasm). I bit on the inside of my lower lip as I composed myself, and then smiled at Pansy’s parents.
“Hello Mr. and Mrs. Parkinson. How are you today?” I asked, trying my best to sound un-spoilt.
“Very well, though it’s none of your business” Mrs. Parkinson (Jayne) said evilly. I clenched my teeth together. This was why I was never polite to them. There was no point, they didn’t like me and they weren’t going to return the kindness, so what was the reason for going out of my way to please them? Oh yes, my parents.
“And Pansy, how are you feeling today?” I asked acidly, ignoring the Parkinson parents.
“Like mummy said, it’s none of your business” Pansy spat back at me. I glared at her before turning to my parents
“Good morning” I said politely in a ‘see what I mean’ way, but she didn’t seem to understand. Or at least she didn’t let it on.
“Good morning Maia. Go have breakfast” my mum said as my father muttered a good morning. I bit back the urge to roll my eyes and walked into the kitchen, sighing quietly.

I sat down on the chair at the dining table and picked up the maroon coloured, A4 menu that was set in front of my seat. Looking up from the menu, I saw two other replicas on the table, one at the head of the table and one right next to it, set out for my parents. I looked back at the menu, and read the writing inside.

Breakfast Menu – Children

Full English Breakfast – Grilled Bacon, Baked Beans, French Toast, Poached Eggs and Orange Juice.
Buttered Toast and Bulls Eye Eggs and Juice
Scones with Butter and Fruit Juice
Pancakes with chocolate sauce or honey (marshmallows may be added) plus a drink
Omelettes with chosen ingredients (Spinach, baby tomatoes e.t.c)
Cereal (variety choice) with milk, chocolate milk, strawberry milk or banana milk.
Pasta, Ravioli or spaghetti with a Bolognese sauce or a tomato and basil sauce.

The list went on for a while, so I chose pancakes with chocolate sauce topped with marshmallows and a chocolate milkshake from the drinks section on the other side of the booklet and then closed the menu before placing it in front of me. My waiter, who was called over three times a day, came over to me and picked up my menu before taking my order and going over to the kitchen. He gave the order to the chef and slipped the menu into it’s tray in the kitchen before leaving. I waited impatiently, already slightly annoyed, until my waiter reappeared with a plate piled with pancakes and a chocolate milkshake in a glass cup with a straw in it. He set the glass on top of the cup holder and then put the plate in front of me, before asking me if I wanted anything else and then leaving after I said no. I tucked into my pancakes and felt instantly better, before starting on my milkshake. I finished it just as my parents walked into the kitchen with Pansy next to them. I rolled my eyes and ignored them as the waiter picked up my empty plates and glass, and then I pulled the napkin off my lap and dumped it on the table. I was sure the waiter would wash and refold that napkin, so I left it there and walked into the living room after falsely smiling at my parents and Pansy.

When I re-entered the living room, Pansy’s parents gave me a disgusted look, and I was closely tempted to return it. I decided to grin at them instead to annoy them further, before turning to head up the stairs, when Pansy walked into the living room. I didn’t take much notice of that as I headed upstairs, when I heard her call my name. I held back a sigh and descended the stairs again to come face to face with her
“Yes, Pansy? You called me?” I said, pressing my lips together. She smirked at me and my eyes rolled slightly as I realised she’s adopted that from Draco Malfoy. I didn’t even want to get started on them. I mean, either he was plain stupid, or he just didn’t like Pansy. Everyone noticed that Pansy was crushing on Malfoy. He must have noticed by now. He probably didn’t want to deal with her, so he acted blind towards her love. It was pretty funny, though cruel, how she could throw herself at him and he’d just flick her away like something he’d find on the bottom of his shoe after going out for a walk. I had no idea she was now adapting herself to be more like him. To be honest, she was more stupid than Draco. How could she not get that Draco didn’t want her? Either that or she did get it; she just wasn’t ready to accept it. I agreed with that, and snapped out of my rail of thoughts as Pansy said my name again at the beginning of her sentence
“Maia, your parents need to see you” she said, happy that she could order me somehow. I gave her a death glare purely because she was Pansy Parkinson, and then walked over to the sofa and sat on it as I waited for my parents, who were also sitting down on a sofa next to the Parkinson’s, to talk to me.
“Maia, we’re going to Draco’s house. You need to get ready, and yes, you must wear a dress” my mother said sharply. Could she never speak normally? I locked my jaws together. What was the point in wearing a dress? Yes it was elegant but a shirt and a pair of jeans would do fine. I mean, it was just to visit Draco’s house. Was there much point?
“I understand that, but must I wear a dress just to go over to his house?” I asked timidly, trying not to set her off. My mother’s eyes flashed red for a while as she became angry.
“Obviously you have to wear a dress, stupid. It’s a party, you’re not just going over to his house” Pansy cut in, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. I counted to ten in my head, even though it didn’t really help.
“Forgive me, I didn’t know that it was a party, I wasn’t informed of that” I told her, trying my best not to tackle her to the floor. I must admit though, I’d never done such a thing, which is why I’m not ripped into two by my parents already. I got up and said goodbye to the Parkinson’s dismissively before heading up to my room. My mother said we had 4 ½ hours, but I needed more than that to get changed, so I walked upstairs quickly and got into the shower.

When I got out of the shower, I had 3 hours left, so I walked into my room and dried my hair so that it became curly again after I had straightened it this morning. I pulled on a black halter neck dress with a diamond studded circle at the top of it that held the dress to the strings that were tied behind my neck. It was floor length and had a long side split that ran down the entire length of my leg. The top part of the split was held apart slightly so that my leg showed by a diamond that was stuck in-between the two pieces of fabric. The back was low cut and began at the top of my butt so that my entire back was showing. I twirled around in the mirror and grinned to myself. I looked great in this dress, and I hadn’t worn it anywhere before. I slipped on a pair of 6 inch high heels that had diamond doughnut circles at the front of the heel as well. I sat down in front of my dressing table and started doing my make-up, applying red lip stain and then putting on Vaseline over that to soften the look slightly. I put on a dark eye shadow and put on mineral powder foundation before shaking a brush with a little bit of blush over my cheeks. I slid a highlighter stick over my cheekbones and just underneath the end of my eyebrows. I put in a pair of long, dangly, black earrings and then did my hair sort of like how ‘The Invisible Girl’ had her hair at the start of ‘Fantastic Four’ when the evil dude was proposing to her. I had to get my hair stylist in to do that hair style because it was more sophisticated and needed a lot of work.

When I was finished, I had actually used 4 hours, so I was an hour late. I called my mum through my telephone in my room and asked what time we needed to be there, and she sighed
“I thought you might take longer than I gave you. We need to be there in half an hour, so I hope you are ready, Maia. For your sake” she hissed, and then slammed the phone down. I rolled my eyes. Could she never talk? She didn’t even have to say something nice, but did she really have to act like a snake or something? My nail artist had just finished my nails as my conversation with my mother ended, and I checked them. She had avoided fake nails because mine were mostly better than fake nails, so she had just manicured them and then painted over them with a soft pink to perfect and smooth them, and then did a French manicure on them. Once she had finished, I checked myself in the mirror. My hair was done, my make-up was done, my earrings were in, my dress was good, my bracelet was on, I had my handbag, my shoes were on, and my nails were done. I checked inside my hand bag quickly, phone, make-up, tissues, pen, chewing gum, make-up wipes, perfume, wand everything was in there. I looked in the mirror and put on a smile before skipping downstairs. When I got down, my mother stopped speaking to my father to look at me for a while. I wondered if I had done something wrong when I was getting ready, and looked panicked.
“You look nice” mother said, and I smiled genuinely.
“Thank you” I told her, as my father agreed. My mum was not someone that complimented me, so when she did, it was like I had just won a gold medal in the Olympics. I couldn’t stop grinning after that as I picked up a handful of floo powder and threw it into the fireplace, turning it green. I stepped inside and said clearly ‘Malfoy Manor’ and shut my eyes, before I felt my feet hit the floor again.
♠ ♠ ♠
first chapter, and yes, it is long, madomoiselle :P
...aaaand there's my brother casually guffawing in the back ground like a haywire donkey as he watches a video on his laptop in the corner of his creepy dark room o.O
at least it's not *ahem* bad stuff *ahem*.... ya'll know what i mean...
yes you doooo
i can see it in your eeyyyesss o.O
cos i'm stalking you..
OH YEAH I'M A B.TCHES... (pretty little liars reference... for those of you that watch it.... if you dont watch and dont know what the hell i'm going on about and think i'm slightly high... i could be... HEY YOU DONT KNOW ME...)
ok bye guys :* xx