Status: fin :)

If Love Is Sweet, What Is This, Draco Malfoy?

Hate on a Malfoy

Draco Malfoy’s POV

I sat in the common room, facing away from the fire on the chair behind it, trying my hardest not to break everything in sight or burst into tears. My heart had dropped a mile downwards when I saw Maia kissing Blaise. How could she do this to me? She knew, she knew that I would go to the other end of the world for her. And then he ditches her when the going gets rough, and then rushes back in and she’s swept off her feet. Blaise was lucky I didn’t kill him. That motherfucking bastard deserved to be hexed to hell. I was about to scream in frustration when I heard someone walk into the Slytherin common room, and recognised Maia’s light feet patting across the rug. She walked onto the chair behind me so she didn’t see me, and sat quietly. I waited a while, before someone else walked in.
“Oh, Maia! Hey” Selena said, walking over to Maia. She too did not see me because I was behind Maia. “What’s wrong?” she asked softly. There was silence. Selena sighed “Maia don’t just shrug and then turn away from me. Tell me what’s wrong. Please, I want to know why you’re upset” she whispered comfortingly. I heard Maia sigh. “Is it Draco?” Selena asked. Maia stayed silent, and Selena sighed “What did he do? I swear to god if he upset you I’ll-”
“It’s nothing” Maia whispered, speaking for the first time.
“Please just tell me Maia” Selena said quietly, and I heard Maia sniffle. “Come on, I’ll support you” Selena encouraged, and my breath caught up as I heard Maia talk.
“I was waiting for Draco to finish dressing… and it smelt in the changing rooms” Maia whispered, her voice wavering. “So… so I went outside. And I was waiting for him, and said ‘that’s better’ when I breathed in fresh air… and I heard someone say ‘what’s better’ behind me… so I turned around, and I saw Blaise” Maia continued, her voice cracking on the last word. “And he just came towards me and sort of hugged me closer to him by putting his hands around my waist… and he said that he still loved me… and then he kissed me. And I tried to push him away, but he pressed us closer so my hands got caught in between us. And I wanted him to stop, if nothing for Draco. Because I knew it wasn’t right and it wasn’t fair on Draco. And then he was torn away from me, and Draco just kept punching and punching Blaise. And I tried to make him stop but he pushed me away and kept beating him up before walking off. Selena it was so horrible!” Maia cried, sniffling as her voice rose an octave. “He went through so many scans and tests, and he was strapped up to so much equipment. I had to help the nurse take his top off and he was bleeding all over. And underneath his skin were these purple red blotches all over his skin, it was so sickening! Apparently it was internal bleeding or something. He’s going to stay in there for a few weeks, perhaps a month. It was terrifying” Maia gasped, sobbing onto Selena’s shoulder as they hugged.
“I hate Malfoy for doing this to you” I heard Selena say to Maia, before she helped Maia back to their room.
♠ ♠ ♠
oh. my. gosh
some big stuff coming up
big stuff