Status: fin :)

If Love Is Sweet, What Is This, Draco Malfoy?

Tantrums

Draco’s parents answered the door, and smiled, greeting both of us. Obviously they were over the whole ‘Marriage’ thing. If only they knew what had happened to me. In fact, I had made sure Draco wouldn’t tell them a thing. Not that he needed to be told not to do so.

We went inside, he didn’t let go of me as we sat side by side on the sofa, while his parents and my parents sat in front of us. Maisie and Millie had taken time off school to come and see me, and they were in front of us near our parents.

“So… Maia” Lucas said, smiling at me. I looked at the floor, not answering.
“Maia sweetie, talk to Lucas please” my mother said sweetly. I think Draco’s shouting had softened them up a little too much. I still didn’t answer
“She doesn’t have to if she doesn’t want to” Draco said, answering for me. I squeezed his hand appreciatively, and he kissed the top of my forehead. I looked up at my mum who pursed her lips
“Well… How was school?” Narcissa asked. Draco’s jaw tightened as he tightened his fist into a ball on to sofa. “Draco baby what’s wrong?” Narcissa asked, seeing Draco’s knuckles go white as he clenched them tightly. He still didn’t lighten up, and I placed my palm on his upper arm. His hand relaxed immediately, and he let out a sharp gust of air to get rid of the stress. He took in a deep breath and looked back at his mum.
“Nothing” he told her, taking the drinks from the house elf and handing mine to me. I sipped on mine quietly, and Maisie grinned at me
“Maia! How are you?” she asked me happily. My eyes flickered up to meet hers, before I returned my gaze to my drink.
“Uh… Maia? You ok?” Millie asked me gently. I didn’t even look up at her this time. Draco rubbed my upper arm soothingly, and I rested my head against him. Maisie and Millie observed us for a while, before our parents decided to break the tension.
“So… how’s Blaise?” Narcissa asked. Draco tightened slightly and looked at me, as I slid my finger in a circle along the rim of my glass. I stayed quiet, and Draco followed my example “You… do still talk to him?” she asked politely. I glanced up at Draco
“Yeah Maia does” he said dismissively. Narcissa seemed shocked.
“But Draco! You and Blaise have been friends from such a young age! What happened?!” she asked. Draco shrugged
“People change” he told them quietly. I let out a small sigh.
“Ah… so Maia, how are your friends?” Narcissa asked me. I looked up at her and shrugged. She nodded “Well… I trust that… what was it again? Oh… Selena? Yes, I think that’s right. Her and your other friends. I think it was Hailey and… Daphne! That was it! Oh, and also Kat and Faye” she said happily, vibrant that she was getting more of a reaction out of me. My breathing supply was cut off and I clenched my jaws together. Draco glared at his parents
“Hailey, Daphne and Selena are fine mother” he growled. Narcissa looked taken aback
“But Kat and Faye-”
“Are sluts and we don’t need to talk about them!” he yelled, frustrated, and Narcissa looked upset.
“I’m sorry I was just-”
“Well don’t” Draco hissed, before pulling me closer to him. He expected me to freeze up, but I obeyed his orders.
“So Maia… how’s your other friends hmm? The boys? I mean you weren’t too fond of Draco’s two friends I don’t think… what about that boy that always followed you around? Drake” my father said, trying to move away from the awkward situation. I turned white and started shaking slowly, and Draco gave my father a death glare so hard that my father actually flinched.
“Come on let’s go” Draco whispered, pulling me up, and I followed him outside robotically.
“What did I say?” my father asked, as they got up and followed us into the kitchen then out of the back door
“JUST FUCK OFF!” Draco yelled at my father all of a sudden, before pulling me outside and then slamming the door. I expected him to grab me by my neck and choke slam me onto the floor or something, with the way he behaved, but when he pulled me outside, he was no less gentle than he was when we were best friends. Our parents watched us, shocked, with an equally shocked pair of twins standing next to them whilst Draco took us over to the garden love seat. Just to make his point, he used his wand to wrench the swing off the ground and then turn it around so that it was facing away from our parents so that they couldn’t see us, and then he sat me down on his lap, stroking my hair while I snuggled into him.