Status: fin :)

If Love Is Sweet, What Is This, Draco Malfoy?

Asleep

Narcissa’s P.O.V

I was shocked that my son had just said something like that. What had happened? The marriage couldn’t have shocked Maia that much. Could it? I watched Draco walk in with Maia in his hands later that night, and walked up the stairs quietly. The twins were still here, along with Maia’s parents, and they were just as shocked as us. We followed Draco silently, and watched him go into his room and place Maia on the bed. I didn’t dare look at Lucas, to see what he thought of a girl sleeping in the same bed as Draco. But they didn’t seem like they were going to get up to anything. Maia had already nodded off to sleep. I smiled slightly, seeing Draco tuck in Maia lovingly, before kissing her cheek lightly. He truly did love this girl. I couldn’t imagine how happy he would be if she would just return that love. But I doubted that she would. Draco left her in the bed and walked over to the bathroom door, before stopping and turning round. He walked over to the window quickly, and then shut it tightly, locking all of the locks and using the high security we kept in case of emergencies, by shutting the curtains before making a steel cage cover the curtains and then a metal block cover the gate so that no-one could get in. He walked over to Maia and filled the cup of water next to the bedside table with water, and then left it there with a cover on top for Maia. He then walked into the bathroom and got ready at amazing speed, coming back out in nothing but a pair of underwear. I felt shocked that he would wear that sort of clothing around Maia, but I suppose they had been married. Once again, I didn’t dare look at Lucas. Draco walked over to Maia and sat down on the bed, before stroking her hair and watching her sleeping for a while. Eventually, he reached down and kissed her forehead softly, before settling down. As he turned to switch off the light, Maia reached out to him; her eyes still closed, and snuggled into him, tucking her forehead into his chest. He stopped reached to turn off the light; and hugged Maia back, enjoying the moment, and smiled for the first time since I saw them. I smiled, seeing my son even the slightest bit happy, and he reached over, gently flipped the light switch, and darkness covered the entire room, before Draco slid down and went to sleep, hugging Maia. I looked up at Lucas who looked back at me, and I smiled slightly at him, before closing their door quietly.
“Please, stay for tonight at least. You know that the guest room will always be yours” I told Maia’s mother kindly. She smiled at me
“Yes thank you, I will. I still want to see what’s going on between them” she told me, and the Mists went up to their respective rooms. I turned to the twins
“I think you two should stay here too. If you wanted to, you know you’re always welcome” I told them politely. They looked at each other.
“Actually, I wanna see what’s up with Maia too. It’s like she’s blocking us out or something” the taller of the twins said. I smiled
“Of course. Please, spend the night in the premade rooms I’ve had the house elves set out for you. I’ll see you in the morning” I told them, and they bid me goodnight before walking to their own rooms. I sighed, looking back at Lucas, and he took my hands in his, before kissing the top of my forehead
“Whatever’s happened. We can trust our son to make the best decision” Lucas promised me.