Status: fin :)

If Love Is Sweet, What Is This, Draco Malfoy?

Changes

Maia Mist’s view

I kissed Taylor passionately before heading back to the Leaky Cauldron. It had been the most perfect day, and if Draco was going to start in on me because I was 15 minutes late, I would say everything that he deserved to hear. When I arrived there however, he was not there. Sighing, I sat down and ordered a butter beer and sat there sipping it. Taylor walked into the building then, and I smiled before waving, and he came over to me.
“Hey. I just came to see if you’d gone safely. Why are you still here?” he asked, and I smiled, touched that he cared.
“Draco” I sighed and he nodded. Eventually, I pulled out my phone and dialled Draco’s number. It rang for a while before going to answer phone. He couldn’t still be angry with me could he? That was just pathetic. I kept ringing him to get my point across until eventually; he picked up on the first ring.
“Who the hell is this?” I heard someone snap, and realised it wasn’t Draco, it was his dad. It was freaky how Draco sounded so much like his father.
“Mr. Malfoy? This is Maia” I said politely. “I was just wondering if you knew where Draco was. It’s been one and a half hours since I saw him. Could you just tell him I’m coming back the manor now, if he’s there?” I said in an annoyed tone so that my point would get across.
“Yes I will. He’s here. Did you want to speak to him?” he asked me, his voice a little less rough.
“Taylor, stop” I giggled as he started kissing my neck “Um… no that’s ok Mr. Malfoy. I’ll probably see him in a few minutes anyway. Bye” I said quickly before putting the phone down, and then finished my butter beer, and kissed Taylor goodbye. I walked over to the fireplace. I borrowed a little floo powder from the pot that was kept on the mantel piece above the fireplace, blackened with age. I threw it into the fire and watched it become emerald.

Slowly, I stepped into it and then said ‘Malfoy Manor’ quickly before feeling the rushing, dizzy feeling of me spinning past hundreds of other fireplaces as I shut my eyes. Eventually, I felt myself land in front of the fireplace at the manor, and saw a distressed Narcissa talking to Lucas. I smiled at first before my smiled faded “Narcissa? Are you ok?” I asked gently, as I tip toed towards her, and she smiled.
“I’m fine dear, just a little tired. Draco’s up in his room, why don’t you go talk to him?” she asked me pleadingly. I tightened slightly
“Oh… I…” I said, failing for words. She looked sad as hope vanished from her eyes
“Please. He’s upset and I know you’ll cheer him up” Narcissa said, and I sniffed with more attitude than was needed
Why, because he couldn’t find a ‘playmate’ for tonight? I’m not filling in
I thought spitefully.
“Sure, I’ll go talk to him… why… was he upset?” I asked hesitantly, and Narcissa’s slight hopeful smile faded.
“I don’t know… I was hoping perhaps you could find out?” she asked apologetically. I nodded
“I was just thinking… if it’s because I was annoyed that he didn’t come- never mind. That’s not the reason” I said, sniffing with attitude again before skipping upstairs. Obviously he wouldn’t care about what I felt. Why would he? God, he was such a manwhore. He had just ruined my entire day, without even being there.

I knocked quietly on Draco’s bedroom door, and waited for an answer. I didn’t get one so I knocked louder, hoping he would say go away or something so that I didn’t have to see him. Finally, sighing, I knew it wasn’t right to do that to Narcissa. So I walked into his room anyway, to see him curled up into a tight ball sleeping on his bed, his hair ruffled. I folded my arms over my chest and shook my head, sucking in my cheeks slightly.
So typically Draco. Shag and ditch at night, then catch up on his beauty sleep mid-day instead of waiting for his guest. And he actually fooled his parents into thinking he was asleep because he was upset.

I went back downstairs to see Narcissa and Lucas stop talking at once and look at me
“He’s asleep right now, but I’ll go check on him later” I told them, and Narcissa looked crestfallen
“Of course dear” she said, her eyes shining with what seemed to be tears. I gave her a small smile before walking back upstairs, deep in thought. It must be something serious. I mean, even for a drama queen like Draco with such an over-reactive mother. But Lucas, he wasn’t like that. And yet he was sitting downstairs, consoling Narcissa. There must have been something really wrong. The door to Draco’s room was still open, and he seemed to be frowning and mumbling something in his dreams. I can’t believe I was actually feeling sorry for him and guilty just because I hadn’t cared that he was ‘upset’. I went into his room again and picked up his quilt again before placing it on his bed. I frowned in disgust as I realised that this was the quilt covers that he had on the day I had slept on a week before. Does he never change it?

I summoned the elf upstairs, and then got her to change the quilt. I was buttoning up the ends as Narcissa came running up with Lucas behind her. Her face fell as she realised Draco wasn’t awake. “Oh… I thought… Draco had called the elf” she said in a small voice. I looked down, feeling guiltier than ever
“Sorry” I told her, and Narcissa shook her head
“No dear, it’s fine. I was just too expectant, that’s all” she said, and I smiled before turning around and finishing buttoning the quilt. I laid it gently on top of Draco, and adjusted his pillow, before pulling his fingers apart from the tight fists he kept them in. Smiling slightly, I stroked his hair and sighed, leaning down next to him
“Why can’t you be like you were when we were young?” I whispered, and kissed his cheek lightly.

He moved slightly, mumbling something. It snapped me out of my trance, and I got back up, dusting down my outfit. I turned around to see Draco’s parents looking from me to Draco then back at me. I looked down at the floor and was about to leave when I realised my hand was still in Draco’s. I tried to unhook his fingers from mine but they held on tightly. “Draco?” I asked uncertainly.
“Don’t go” he whispered, holding onto my hand while his eyes were still closed. I looked from my hand to his face, before eventually sitting back down on the bed. His parents stared silently, before leaving the room and closing the door. Draco shuffled in his bed and pulled me lying down onto the bed with the hand he still had hold of. I responded and lay down on the bed, and Draco pulled the covers over me, his eyes closed all this time. I sighed and looked at him for a while before eventually shutting my eyes.