My Hayley

Crash.

Five minutes after she left, I missed her already. The yummy scent from the cookies mingled with the lingering scent of her perfume. Every minute away from her was one minute too long. I touched my lip with my tongue and I tasted her. It gave me chills. Maybe I should have said no….

I went online and clicked around aimlessly, until a message popped up. It made my heart stop. Zack wanted to know what I was doing on Saturday and if I wanted to go out. How could I tell him no? He was cute, and funny, and he really liked me from what I could see. Plus, Michelle and I weren’t going out or anything. We were girls; we couldn’t really do that, right?

For a minute I almost regretted letting her kiss me.

I said yes to Zack, and now I had a date with him Saturday. Maybe I can forget about Michelle for a while and get back to liking guys.

When Saturday finally came, I was excited to see Zack standing outside my door. My mom met him and everything felt normal again, as if I never kissed a girl in the first place.

“Where do you want to go?” he asked nervously when we were safe in his car.

“It doesn’t matter. Maybe the mall?”

He agreed, and we walked around for a while. I loved being with him, he made me laugh no matter what, and before I knew it his hand was tangled with mine and we were flirting like no tomorrow.

I saw a girl with her head down, and curly hair in front of her face. She almost looked like Michelle for a second. I wanted this girl out of my head! I kissed Zack, long and hard, just to feel something other than attraction to her, and it worked. I was lost in his soft lips. His arm slipped around my waist and everything was right.

The girl looked up and stared at me. Her eyes were filled to the brim with tears and she put the CD she was planning to buy back on the shelf. Her hands shook and she walked away as quickly as she could, shoulders heaving from thick sobs caught in the back of her throat.

It was Michelle….

And she must have seen me kissing him, the way I really had wanted to kiss her….

I wanted to call out to her, hold her close and wipe away those tears, but I stayed with Zack and watched her run off alone. There was nothing I could do. I was powerless.

There had to be a way to fix this….
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is short, and not very sweet haha.
Comments please?
*vegan skittless lovies*