Status: Completed

My Hero

Whiskers

“Daddy, please help me.”

Draco Malfoy was in his office when heard his son call. He currently was going through the divorce and custody papers on his desk. His soon to be ex-wife Astoria said she wanted nothing to with Draco or their son anymore. Draco could maybe understand not having anything to do him because well he wasn't always there for his wife in the way he should have been, but to desert Scorpius was just plain mean. Scorpius was the cutest three year old he had ever seen and maybe he was being bias because he was talking about his own son, but that didn't matter. A mother shouldn't desert their own child.

“DADDY!”

He heard Scorpius yell again, and he immediately got up from his desk and followed the voice.

“Scorp where are you?”

“Daddy, I'm in my room and Whiskers won't leave me alone.”

Draco laughed softly at the thought of the little owl trying to get his son's attention. He got the owl just over a month ago. It was around the time Astoria decided to leave them. Draco thought getting an owl might make it easier of Scorpius when he found out that his mother won't be around anymore. He let Scorpius name the owl even though now it seemed like that was a big mistake. He had no idea why the boy decided to call an owl whiskers.

Draco walked into the little boy's room and saw Whiskers was nipping at Scorp's hand. He smiled softly and went and sat next to his little boy.

“What's he doing bud?” Draco asked softly as he sat down next to his young son.

“He is hurting my hand,” he complained.

“Why don't you ask him if he can stop it?” Draco suggested.

“I have asked Daddy, but he kept on hurting my hand” Scorpius pouted.

“Let me have a look at your hand baby.”

Scorpius moved his hand away from the little owl and showed me his hand. He hand a few scratches on his hand. They were starting to get a bit red and looked like if Whiskers nibbled anymore they would bleed.

“Come here buddy, we will clean those up and then put Whiskers in his cage,” Draco opened his arms for his son. Scorpius quickly rushed into them and cuddled closely to his chest. Draco smiled softly and picked up his son and carried him towards his bedroom.

He got into his room and found his wand, which was on his bedside table. He quickly did a spell that would clear the little boy's cuts.

“That all better buddy?” Draco asked.

“Yep. Thank you daddy.”

Draco laughed at how chirper he suddenly became. He loved that about his son. One moment he could be the saddest person and then in one second he would become so happy. He definitely made Draco's life a lot better. Draco would be a complete different person if he didn't have him. Draco would be the person he was 10 years ago. He would be that 16 year old boy who was to scared to say no. He would be that 16 year old boy that just wanted to make his father proud. That was 10 years ago, now Draco has Scorpius and he haven't spoken to his father is years. He got over that very quickly once the war was finished.

“Daddy, are you going to get rid off Whiskers?” Scorpius asked softly.

“Sure bud, let's go put him in his cage,” Draco smiled softly at him.

“Thank you daddy, I love you.”

“I love you too buddy.” Draco softly kissed him on his forehead and went to put Whiskers in his cage.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just drabble. Comments?