Between Angels And Demons

Chapter 11

Dean looked towards the door to the girls motel room. "Who the hell is knocking at this time of night?" He muttered, standing from his seat besides Bonnie's bed and walking over to open it.

"About damn time. Idjit." Bobby said, walking past him and into the room.

"Bobby? What...?" Dean shook his head and closed the door.

"I called him." Sam said, looking up from the little motel sofa he was sat on while he researched something on the laptop the girls had handed him earlier and on his own.

"Whatever." Dean sighed and went back to his seat. He sat down and continued to watch an unconscious Bonnie. Lexi was laid out on her own bed, also unconscious, while Castiel stood watching silently from the corner of the room.

"The Sullivan girls? How the hell did you find these two?" Bobby asked in disbelief as he took a look at the two on the beds and recognised them.

"You know them?" Sam asked, putting both laptops down and moving over to stand next to him.

"Yeah - we helped each other out once a couple of years back...haven't seen them in years. Though every now and then one of them sends me a book they find that they think will help." Bobby shook his head and ran a hand over his face. "What the hell happened?"

"A nephilim." Castiel said.

"Well that figures. But I was asking why these two are out cold and looking like they're half dead. And why the hell aren't they in a hospital?" Bobby turned to Sam like he held all the answers.

Sam shrugged, "They didn't want to go to a hospital."

"Alright. So...what happened?" Bobby sighed, taking a seat at the little round table in the middle of the room. Sam took the seat opposite.

"Well...we were looking for the nephilim and Lexi was kidnapped. Cas told us where the nephilim was keeping her and Bonnie ran ahead to find her and got locked into the room with her. When we got into the room, the nephilim disappeared and Bonnie was outside. He'd pushed her through a window."

"Son of a bitch." Bobby cut himself off from the tirade he wanted to start. "How high?"

"Second floor. She's broken a rib and her tibia's broken through skin. We pushed it back into place, cleaned and stitched the wound and set the leg. We've also bound her ribs." Sam explained.

Bobby nodded. "Concussion?"

"No - there's no head wound and she was lucid and kept telling us not to take them to a hospital until about 2 hours ago when she fell asleep. She took some painkillers and alcohol, but other than the pain she'll be fine when she wakes up."

"Alright. And her sister?" Bobby asked. "What happened to Lexi?"

"The nephilim was torturing her. But she passed out on us on the way back and hasn't woken up since so we don't know why he was doing it. We cleaned and stitched up all the stab wounds and slashes that we could find and set her left wrist – she must have broken it herself trying to escape – but we don’t know what other injuries she may have."

"Torture. Shit." Bobby cursed and stood up. He started pacing. "That's gonna bring up bad memories."

"What?" Dean turned in his chair to look at him. "Why?"

"You think you two are the only two that keep dying? From the stories about these two - both idjits have been to Hell and both have died too many times to count." Bobby stopped pacing and ran his hand over his face again. "But Hell ain't what I'm talking about. It's their childhood that's given them the worst nightmares."

"They were tortured?" Sam asked, staring at Bobby in disbelief.

Bobby nodded, "They used to live in England when they were younger and they had a younger brother, Caleb. Their mom died giving birth to him and their dad got steadily crazier and crazier as they got older. One day, when the boy was nine, their old man snapped. Bonnie was ten at the time and Lexi must have been twelve, nearly thirteen. Their old man tied all of them up in the basement. Left them there for nearly a week before going down and torturing them. Tied them a chair in the middle of the room so the other two could see what he was doing. Never gagged the one in the chair - wanted the others to hear the screams."

"Shit." Sam muttered.

"What happened?" Dean asked.

"He ended up killing Caleb. Kept calling him the spawn of Satan. Said he deserved it. made the girls watch. Nearly killed them too. One of the neighbours had called the police - said they'd what sounded like screams and that they hadn't seen the kids in nearly two weeks. Said they were worried. Their old man got shot by the police as they tried to stop him from hurting the girls. They were brought over to the states to live with their mother's brother and his family. When Lexi turned eighteen, she took Bonnie and left. Started hunting. When I asked her why, she said her dad wasn't himself - something had made him that way and they were gonna find what did it and kill it."

There was a silence in the room as the guys all took that information in.

“Wait – what d’you mean you don’t know what other injuries Lexi has?” Bobby asked, going back to the previous conversation.

“She might have further injuries under her clothes…but Cas won’t let us look.”

“What? Why the hell…? And why haven’t you healed them yet? You got your Angel mojo back.” Bobby ranted at Castiel. The Angel looked at him for a second before answering.

“I have tried to heal them. It doesn’t work on either of them and I am unsure as to why.”

“Okay – so you’re useless in the healing area but, still, you won’t let them check under her clothes for further injuries? What, your sense of modesty kick in?”

Castiel appeared to blush and looked back at Lexi on the bed.

“Alright. Whatever. The Angel’s got a crush on a human and your brother’s staring at her sister like she holds the answer to life. You’re the only sane one left, Sam. So tell me why you called.” Bobby said, turning to Sam.

“I found this in the room that the nephilim was torturing Lexi in and I can’t figure out what it is.” Sam said, handing Bobby what he’s found.

“You want my help?”

“Please.” Sam begged.

“Fine. Let’s find this thing and kill it. Before it comes here looking for the girls.”