Between Angels And Demons

Chapter 12

Dean was sat next to Bonnie's bed side, he hadn't left her since they arrived at the girl's motel room. He stared at the girl, then reached out his hand and moved a strand of hair that had fallen on her face.

"Goddamn it.. the answer was staring me in the face... It's a key..." Bobby said looking up from one of the books that he was studying.

"Well yeah... We can see that." Dean said getting up, he walked over to the older man and peered over his shoulder. Then he mouthed 'what the fuck?' at Sam.

Sam just shook his head,

"No you idjit... this key along with five others will open the gates to hell." Bobby said slamming the book down on the table.

"Ohhh... O...kay... but as long as we have this one... hey, there's no way the nephilim can open the gates to hell right?" Dean said.

"Wrong..." Castiel said walking over towards them, "This is just one of the six... if you think us holding this key will stop the nephilim from freeing Lucifer and the creatures of hell you are mistaken... he will not stop until the beasts are roaming this earth."

"What do we do?" Sam asked.

"We need to leave this town as soon as possible." Castiel replied, "Then try and obtain the other keys... Only then can we destroy them..."

"There's no chance of that until the girls have recovered..." Bobby said.

"Might be sooner than you think Bobby..." Said a voice behind the group.

"Alexandria... You should be resting..." Castiel said rushing over to her side.

"In the words of Bon Jovi... 'I'll sleep when I'm dead." Lexi giggled slightly then clutched her side in pain.

Castiel helped her over to a chair and sat her down, "May I?" He gestured towards her side.

Lexi lifted up her shirt to reveal a puncture wound, "Shit..." she muttered.

Castiel placed his hand over the wound.

"Ummm... Cas... what are you doing?" Lexi asked after a few minutes.

"I... I don't understand..." The angel said quietly hanging his head in shame. "I'm Sorry Alexandria."

"Hey... Cas... it's alright. And please call me Lexi... Alexandria is a little too formal don't you think?" She placed her hand under his chin and lifted his head back up, as soon as her eyes met his she blushed slightly, then got up and walked over to the dresser where she got out a bandage and padding. She placed the padding on the wound then wrapped the bandage around her waist keeping the padding in place. "How's Bonnie doing?"

"Well... She was swearing like a trooper earlier..." Bobby said.

Lexi laughed, "She'll be fine then..."