Between Angels And Demons

Chapter 15

"You are emotionally and physically crippled." Lexi said from the doorway, causing Bonnie to shriek and flail as she tried to sit upright.

Once she was seated upright with no danger of falling, Bonnie took in what her sister had said. "Hey, I'm not emotionally crippled! And I'm only physically handicapped for a while!"

Lexi shook her head with a smile and walked into the room to lean against the window frame and look outside while still talking to her sister. "Just don't equate Dean with every other guy you've ever been out with. You actually have honest feelings for him and I want to see you happy." Lexi paused and her smile faded. "For once."

"Lex..."

"Bon, I'm serious." Lexi looked away from the window and faced her sister. "You deserve to be happy. After everything we've been through - I want that for you. And I know it's never gonna be some house with a white picket fence in a nice neighbourhood with a nice guy and 2.4 kids and a dog. I know - but I also know that you've always wanted that." Lexi paused and tilted her head to listen to something before conitinuing. "Dean's a nice guy - give him a chance. Between the pair of you...you might just get that chance at a somewhat normal life. The one you want. The one I want you to have."

Bonnie just shook her head. "I can't."

"Why? Bon...I know you want this more than you've ever wanted anything in your life. And Dean's the only guy I've seen you feel this strongly about. So, just...why not?"

"What about you?" Bonnie whispered, wiping away the tears that had started to fall as she listened to her sister.

"I am going to be fine. I'll be even better when you finally stop beating yourself up over things you have no control over and just...be yourself. Just let go of all those insecurities holding you back and be happy. Dean likes you, nothing can change that."

"He will. He doesn't know." Bonnie cried. Lexi sighed and sat on the bed next to her sister and pulled her close for a hug.

"He knows about Dad and about Caleb. He knows everything he needs to and he still likes you." Lexi promised as she hugged her sister.

"He doesn't know about..."

"Oh sweetie - he's been to Hell too. I was there with you and nothing you could possibly say about our time down there is gonna change how he feels about you. He's a Hunter too, Bonnie. I'm sure if you thought it through enough...you'd see that he's done a lot of the same stuff we have."

"What if your wrong?" Bonnie asked, pulling away from her sister and wiping her face to get rid of the evidence of her tears.

"Just talk to him and if I'm wrong...I will apologise to you and to him and I will go and find that voodoo priestess that brought me back from the dead last year and I will have her erase his memories of you telling him how you feel." Lexi joked, pleased when she got a small smile back.

"Thanks, Lex." Bonnie said as her sister got up off the bed and walked towards the door. "But if I'm happy - what about you?"

"You being happy makes me happy." Lexi said, turning in the doorway to look at her sister.

"But..."

"Besides. I have Cas." Lexi smiled and winked at her sister before leaving the room.

Bonnie sat there looking confused for a minute before realising what Lexi had said. "You sly little...fine. I'll be happy...for you."

"Eavesdropping, Dean?" Lexi asked. She'd walked out of the room and spotted him halfway down the hall, holding two cups of coffee and obviously listening in.

“Can you blame me?”

“Not really.” Lexi shrugged. “My sister’s a tough one to crack, but once you do…”

“She’s worth it.” Dean finished, nodding and walking around her and towards the room that Bonnie was in.

“Dean.” Lexi called after him.

He stopped and turned slightly to face her.

“Hurt her and I’ll kill you.”

He smiled and nodded. “Right back at you.”

Lexi frowned.

“About Cas.” He added, grinning as Lexi blushed a little before turning and walking off down the hall. He chuckled as he watched her and made sure she was down the stairs before walking into Bonnie’s room.