Between Angels And Demons

Chapter 17

Meanwhile......

Chuck barred the front door to his house, then rested against it panting. All of a sudden, the door shuddered as if something was being thrown against it.

"I know you're in there Chuck...you have nowhere to hide!" The door shook again.

Chuck slid the nearby table agaiinst the door in an attempt to stop whatever it was from getting in. Then he ran to the kitchen, grabbed the bag of salt and poured it across the doorway and the window sills.

There was a laugh from outside. "That's not going to stop me Chuck...you know that." And with that the front door shattered, sending wood splinters flying at Chuck. The nephilim flew at Chuck and pinned him against the wall, "Give me the key..."

"Hey, assbutt..." Said a voice from behind the nephilim.

The nephilim turned, "Castiel..."

"Let Chuck go..." Castiel said menacingly.

"Oh Cas, really?" The nephilim smirked, dropping Chuck on the floor and turning to face Castiel, "Both you and I know that you don't have enough power to stop me."

"Chuck...leave..." Castiel said.

Chuck didn't really need to be told again and ran out of the house.

Castiel ran at the nephilim, grabbing him by the throat and throwing him to the ground. The nephilim laughed and spat out the blood that had filled his mouth from his impact against the floor.

"My turn..." He smirked and without warning he took Castiel's legs out from under him, the angel falling to the floor.

The nephilim got up and pinned Castiel down by crushing his foot onto Castiel's throat.

"I will never let you succeed..." Castiel choked out.

"I don't think you have a choice in the matter..."