Between Angels And Demons

Chapter 18

"Cas? What the hell...?" Dean jumped up and grabbed the angel as he swayed on his feet. Dean was sat on the sofa in Bobby's living room with Bonnie watching Dr. Sexy when the angel had suddenly appeared in the room in front of them.

Bonnie had refused to talk about her problems after Dean had kissed her in the kitchen and so Dean had suggested that they watch TV instead of her running away from him and closing herself off.

"LEX!" Bonnie screamed for her sister as she moved over to a chair so that Dean could get Castiel comfortable on the sofa. "SAM! BOBBY!" Bonnie yelled, ready to yell for them again when she heard footsteps coming down the stairs. Sam was the first into the room and he took one look at the angel before turning to Bobby, who was right behind him, and telling him to grab the first aid kit.

"Lex!" Bonnie yelled again when her sister failed to walk into the room.

"She was sleeping last time I walked past her room." Bobby said as he walked into the room and handed Dean the first aid kit. "Not sure what good that'll do ya. He'll heal on his soon enough."

"Doesn't mean we can't clean him up and make sure he's not seriously injured." Dean replied as he started taking note of the angel's injuries.

"I'll get Lex." Bonnie said but before she could get out of the seat Sam shook his head.

"I'll get her."

"No." Castiel croaked form the sofa, attempting to move away from where Dean was using antiseptic to clean the cuts and scratches on his face and hands. Dean put the antispetic aside and forcibly held Castiel in his seat. Castiel looked pleadingly at him. "She cannot see me like this, Dean. Please. I must go. I will heal faster in Heaven and there are still things that I must do."

"No way." Dean shook his head. "You came here. You were injured and you came here instead of going straight to Heaven - I know that's probably to do with Lex and I'm not judging you man. But you came here and so you'll deal with our human tendency to make sure that our friends are okay before we let you leave."

Castiel stared silently at Dean for a few minutes befoer nodding his head in acceptance and stopped trying to get away. He sat there completely still while Dean finished cleaning him up and checking for injuries.

"Thank you." Castiel said to Dean before standing up and looking like he was about to leave. he paused and turned back to them, "If Chuck arrives, do not turn him away. I will be back soon." And with the that he disappeared.

"What did Cas want?" Lexi asked from the doorway. She was leaning against the doorway dressed in an old comfy pair of black tracksuit bottoms and an over large grey jumper that kept slipping off one shoulder. Her curls were in disarray and it was apparent that she had recently woken up.

"Just came to say Chuck might be stopping by." Dean said as he attempted to hide the first aid kit and the bloody tissues that he'd used to clean Castiel.

Lexi just gave him a knowing look.

Bonnie shook her head and stood up, walking over to her sister. "It's what he said just before he left, Lex. Dean's not lying to you."

"He was in a fight with the nephilim." Lexi countered, walking past her sister and through the living room to the study to grab her laptop. On her way back she was stopped by Bobby.

"How'd you know?"

Lexi just shrugged and walked around him and back upstairs.

Bonnie sighed and went to go after her.

"Bonnie?" Sam's voice stopped her before she could leave the room. She stopped and turned to look at him. "It's been less than two weeks. How come you're walking fine? You broke your leg."