Between Angels And Demons

Chapter 20

"What did Balthazar want?" Lexi asked as every one just stood around (minus Chuck, who was still on the sofa).

"To see if he was here yet." Bonnie replied, gesturing vaguely towards Chuck.

"Figures." Lexi sighed.

"Call him." Bonnie said to Lexi as she walked past her sister to grab something from her room upstairs.

Lexi sighed again, closed her eyes and went silent.

Bonnie arrived back downstairs in under a minute and stood watching her sister, holding a small black notebook in her left hand.

Lexi opened her eyes and looked at her sister, "He's busy."

"Of course he is." Bonnie muttered.

"He'll get here when he can." Lexi admonished, crossing her arms and glaring at her sister. "Talk to him."

"I will - just as soon as he gets his feathery butt here."

"You know that isn't who I meant, Bon." Lexi argued, turning to talk to Dean. "She's always been this way. Stubborn as Mom."

"Hey!"

"Well, it's true. He likes you - you like him, but you won't do anything about cus of what happened in the past. Just like Mom! And look how that turned out."

Bonnie stared at her sister. "You...I..."

"I know - I don't speak about her like that, but you need to see what this is doing to your life, Bon. You're ruining something that could be so special because of a bunch of stuff that happened ages ago."

Bonnie turned and walked away. She stopped as her sister started talking and listened, still facing the other way.

"If you walk away from this one more time Bonnie - then I'd suggest you keep walking. I have done everything for you and I only want to see you be happy for a change. Don't do this. Not to me. And not to Dean. We don't deserve this." Lexi said before tilting her head as though she could hear something that nobody else in the room could. "He's coming."

"Cas?" Sam asked, confused.

"No." Lexi replied at the same moment as Castiel appeared in the room, his injuries from earlier completely healed.

"A different angel?" Sam questioned, turning to look at his brother.

Dean just stood there watching Bonnie, to see what she would do next. He didn't want to look away from her in case she disappeared.

"Yes." Bonnie turned around and looked at Dean, "I'm sorry, Dean, but this isn't the time for a heart-to-heart. I wish it was - considering what comes next."

"What comes next?" Dean asked as soon as Bonnie had finished speaking.

"Our past." It was Bonnie's turn to sigh and she did so, before turning to Bobby and asking for him to pass her a silver knife. He did so and she took it in her right hand and quickly slashed a small line across her left forearm.

"Bonnie!" Dean cried out and took a step towards her.

"No reaction. I thought you were half-demon?" Bobby asked.

"She is. But...our past is a bit more complicated than what I told you all those years ago, Bobby." Lexi paused and looked at her sister.

Bonnie nodded at her, "We have time for that. You know that when he says he's coming - he gets side-tracked by the job."

Lexi smirked and continued, "True enough. Anyways, Bonnie was born the same way any other half-demon would. But when she was born, Mom asked an old friend to bind her powers - all she has is her faster healing. Which I'm jealous of, by the way." Lexi moaned, waving her left wrist in front of her and tapping the cast.

"Sucker." Bonnie grinned and sat down to cut away the cast from her leg that she had, so far, failed to remove.

"Her power's are bound? How?" Sam asked. "Would it have worked on...?"

"If it would have worked on you, Sammy, I'm sure someone would have tried it at some point." Bonnie said, then paused to shove the broken cast away from her leg. "Better. Although - maybe they wouldn't have. It is kind of an old spell. powerful too."

"He never told anyone about it anyway, Bonnie." Lexi added, leaning against the wall and continuing. "You all know what happened to our brother, Caleb?"

Bobby, Sam, Dean and Castiel all nodded. Chuck shook his head, "No, what happened?"

"Dad flipped, went crazy and killed him." Bonnie muttered to him.

Chuck's eyes widened and he looked from Bonnie to Lexi and back again in shock.

"He was possessed." Lexi glared at Bonnie. " Caleb was a vessel. For an archangel. And the demons wanted him dead. So one of them possessed Dad. Made him do it and then tried to kill us."

"Apparently, it forgot that angels could heal." Bonnie added.

"And that archangels are more powerful than it could possibly dream of." Lexi shook her head. "The archangel killed it, told us (well, me, Bonnie was only ten) everything and then left. We see him every now and again. He helps us out sometimes."

"Like getting us both out of Hell." Bonnie said.

"And not letting us stay dead - despite Bonnie's suicidal tendencies when we're hunting." Lexi added with a glare at her sister.

"Can't help myself sometimes." Bonnie grinned, unrepentant.

"How do you contact him?" Sam asked, curious despite the fact that was a crazy, powerful nephilim on his way to kill them all.

Bonnie shrugged, "Lex does it. She'd always been able to. Has the whole angel-connection thing going on. See's their true forms, hears their true voices, see's their wings even when in human vessels...all the crazy stuff."

"It's not crazy." Lexi protested before blushing as she noticed that they were all staring at her. "What?"

"Their true forms?" Sam questioned.

"You can hear them? Cas tried that on me and nearly exploderated my brain." Dean said, looking a bit put-out that he couldn't do any of it.

"You can see my wings?" Castiel asked.

"Ummm...yes." Lexi looked away from him and focused on Bonnie. "Had to say that. Didn't you?"

"Couldn't be the only special one." She grinned at her sister.

"You're Gabriel special." Lexi muttered darkly, turning to go upstairs and get dressed - she'd realized that fighting in what she wore to sleep in was a bad idea. When she came back downstairs everyone was still staring at her. "What now?"

"You know Gabriel? The archangel Gabriel?" Chuck asked though he looked like he didn't really want to know the answer.

"You do know that Lucifer killed him? Right?"

"Sure." Lexi shrugged, sharing an amused look with her sister.

"Because the fallen archangel younger brother is totally more powerful than an extremely powerful, non-fallen, trickster archangel that helped raise him and teach him everything he knows." Bonnie finished, shaking her head as they all looked confused. "Lex?"

"Sure." Lexi closed her eyes and went silent again. There was small silence for a second before there was the sound of wings and the smell of candy. Lexi opened her eyes and saw Gabriel standing a few feet in front of her.

"You called?"

"Hey, Gabe." Bonnie waved at him as he turned towards her voice. "Big bad coming this way. Gonna reverse the binding spell. Wanna hang around?"

Gabriel grinned and conjured up a chair. "Last time he reversed that spell you turned your sister into an angel."

Bonnie shrugged and laughed. "I was fifteen - and she's always protected me. Like a guardian angel."

"We couldn't reverse it. If he unbinds your powers - she could end up with wings again."

"They were nice wings." Bonnie replied, unconcerned.

"They were." Lexi laughed. "Kind of missed them when they were gone."

Gabriel turned to her and leered slightly, "I could always give you wings."

"I don't think that would be wise, brother." Came a new voice from behind Lexi. He stepped forward and everyone just stared at the 9 year old boy now standing next to Lexi.

"Caleb." Bonnie breathed.

"Azrael." Lexi said, smiling down at the archangel.