Between Angels And Demons

Chapter 22

"Bon?" Lexi asked, as everybody did a last minute weapons check before they headed out into a fight that no-one felt truly prepared for.

"Yeah?" Bonnie replied, turning from where she had been watching Dean.

"You gotta do one thing for me out there." Lexi said, knowing that her sister would do it - no matter what it was.

"You know I will." Bonnie replied, her eyes their normal bright green as she smiled at her sister.

"No matter what happens..." Lexi continued, returning her sister's smile before frowning and looking towards the door that everyone would soon be leaving out of. "...you have to protect Chuck. Above all else - you have to make sure nothing happens to him...or the keys. The nephilim can't be allowed to get near either."

Bonnie frowned. "But...what about you? Or Cas? Or...Dean?" She finished after a pause.

Lexi shook her head. "Chuck comes first." She turned to smile sadly at her sister. "I wish I could say differently but you know it's true. This is not something I'd say lightly. You know that." Lexi paused to watch as Castiel and Gabriel conversed quietly in the corner. "But...the prophet and the keys come first."

Bonnie followed her gaze towards Castiel and sighed. "We're all gonna make this, Lex. Those two for sure. It's a pity Azrael had to leave or he'd prove it to you."

Lexi smiled sadly at her sister, "I know they will. Chances are that we won't. Your gonna be all hyped up on finally being allowed to use your freaky hybrid powers and I'm...well, I'm just human...." Lexi trailed off as she remembered something. She turned and ran off upstairs to her room where her bag's were.

"Where's she going?" Sam asked as he and Dean finished their checks and walked over to stand by the front door.

"My guess..." Bonnie paused. "...no idea." She grinned as they both frowned at her. "What? I don't know everything about her."

Lexi came to a halt at the bottom of the stairs. "Why are you all looking at me?"

"Cus you ran outta here like the hounds were on your heels." Bobby answered. "What was so important?"

"This." Lexi held up a small red book.

"Is that the book we got from those white witch's three years ago?" Bonnie asked.

"Of course." Lexi replied. "Not sure how much good it's gonna be though. It's not like either of us are witches."

"Pass it here. I can cast a spell if it becomes necessary." Bobby said, taking the book from Lexi and putting it one of his pockets. "Dean, Sam, Castiel - we'll be going out the front door. Lexi, Bonnie, Gabriel - you three'll be going out the back. Chuck - get downstairs in the panic room. Don't come out unless you know it's one of us. See if we can surround those bastards."

Chuck nodded before running of downstairs.

"And the hounds?" Lexi asked curiously, checking to make sure her knives were easy to get to and the katana on her back was ready.

"Yeah - what about the hounds?" Dean asked, looking freaked.

"Kill as many as you can." Bobby answered, "Everybody ready? Then let's go."

Bobby, Castiel and Sam moved towards the front door. Dean grabbed Bonnie's arm as she walked past him and pulled her close to kiss her. "I love you." He let her go and moved to stand by his brother.

Bonnie nodded and turned to her sister. She grinned as Lexi looked at her curiously. "Sorry about the wings."

"WIngs?" Lexi swore as her sister's eyes turned black. Before she could say anything she looked up and noticed the frown on Castiel's face. "Be careful." She said to him before walking towards the back door. As she walked past her sister, she smacked her round the back of the head.

"What?" Bonnie protested as Gabriel chuckled at them as they joined him at the back door. "You said you missed the wings."

Lexi shook her head and shushed her.

"Ready?" Bobby shouted from the front door.

"You have no idea." Bonnie muttered, her eyes pitch black as her sister yelled an affirmative back at Bobby.

There was a moment of silence before they heard the front door open.

Gabriel threw the back door open and...