Between Angels And Demons

Chapter 25

That night…

"Something wrong?" Lexi asked Dean as he sneaked quietly out of the house.

"What the...?!" Dean spun around and noticed Lexi sat on the hood of one the broken cars closest to Bobby's house. "Lex? What are you doing out here? Thought you were sleeping in your room?"

"I've always been a night person. And it's not like it's that cold out here." Lexi said, watching as Dean walked over and sat on the boot of the car opposite her. "So...what brings you out here this late?"

Dean shrugged, "Just thinking."

"About Bonnie?"

"Yeah - do you think she's gonna get her powers bound again?" Dean asked looking pensively back at the house.

"I don't know. On one hand...I hope she does, I forgot that these wings get in the way sometimes. But it's her choice, Dean - you can't force what you want on her."

Dean shot her a glare.

"Dean - she's like a child. You force her to do something she doesn't want to do and she'll do the complete opposite just because she can." Lexi smiled as he pouted at her. "You know it's true. According to Sam and Bobby - you do the same thing."

"Only when it's necessary." Dean protested. "Anyway, how come we can't see your wings?"

Lexi shrugged, "I think they're like angel wings, but I can feel them."

"Can you see...?" Dean started.

"Yeah - Castiel's, I can see. Along with most other angel's. It's how we knew Gabriel wasn't a Trickster the first time we met." Lexi shrugged, "It's just something I've always been able to do."

"Don't you think that's a bit weird?"

"Yep." Lexi laughed.

Castiel appeared between the cars and looked at Dean. "It's late."

"Yeah." Dean sighed. "I'm just worried about Bonnie."

"Does she refuse to get her powers rebound?" Castiel asked, tilting his head in confusion.

"We don't know." Lexi replied, leaning forward and tugging on his coat until he sat on the hood next to her. "It's her choice anyway."

There was a silence as they all sat there comfortably.

"Can you see her wings?" Dean asked suddenly.

"I can see them, yes." Castiel replied.

Lexi sat forward suddenly and looked towards Bobby's house.

"What?" Dean and Castiel asked.

"Azrael's here. He's talking with Bonnie."