Between Angels And Demons

Chapter 27

“When did life become so hard?” Bonnie muttered. She was sat at her mother’s grave; she always came here when she was looking for calm and peace.

“Want to know my choices, mom? I fight with Lex and lose Dean when Crowley sends him back to Hell. Or I fight with Crowley and lose both Lex and Dean.” Bonnie sighed, and then jumped as someone started talking behind her.

“Those are only your choices with those freaky powers of yours.” Balthazar said, grinning as he moved to stand next to her. “What are the choices without them?”

“Who cares?” Bonnie muttered in reply, standing and starting to walk away.

“Well…just thought I’d remind you of someone.” Balthazar answered back, smirking triumphantly as Bonnie stopped walking and turned back to face him.

“If you’re gonna go all cryptic angel on me – forget it. I don’t wanna hear it.” Bonnie sighed.

“What happened last time your little boy-toy went down to Hell, hmmm?” Balthazar asked, walking closer to her.

“Cas brought him back.”

“And what do you think would happen if he ended up back there?” Balthazar asked as he stopped in front of her. “Do you really think anyone would leave him down there? That no-one would bring him back?”

“I…” Bonnie frowned.

“You went down when your sister was in Hell, didn’t you?”

“Yes…”

“And you wouldn’t be able to do that for Dean?” Balthazar questioned.

“I…”

“Think about it, princess.” Balthazar said, smirking and disappearing.

“Stop calling me that!” Bonnie yelled after him before disappearing to go back to Bobby’s.

“Where could she be?” Dean muttered, pacing around Bobby’s entire ground floor – from the kitchen, through the study and around the living room. He turned as Lexi walked down the stairs, stopping on the bottom step and yawning. “Where is she?”

“Hmmm…?” Lexi blinked at him and Sam and Bobby chuckled as Castiel walked down the stairs behind her and moved her to join them in the kitchen. Chuck was still fast asleep down in the panic room. He’d decided that he was safer in there.

“Is something wrong?” Castiel asked as Lexi sat at the table opposite Bobby and Sam while Dean continued his pacing and muttering. Lexi put her head on the table and ignored them.

“He went to talk to her sister this morning. Turns out she ain’t there.” Bobby replied, shaking his head as Lexi mumbled something. “Idjit.”

Lexi mumbled something again.

“You might want to lift your head when you talk.” Sam chuckled.

Lexi sighed and mumbled something else.

Bobby laughed and got up to get more coffee. He jumped and yelled as Bonnie appeared in front of him.

“Sorry Bobby.” Bonnie said, moving out if his way. “Didn’t think you’d be stood there.” She saw the way Lexi was sat. “You sleeping okay? Or is the angel keeping you up?”

Bobby turned and looked at Castiel. Sam raised an eyebrow at Bonnie before looking at Lexi as she lifted her head. She noticed the looks and blushed before glaring at her sister.

“What? I speak only the truth.” Bonnie grinned, laughing as Lexi threw Sam’s empty mug at her. She caught it and put the mug onto the table as Dean walked back into the room. She stopped laughing abruptly. “Dean…I…”

“Where the hell have you been?” Dean ranted. “I’ve been worried.”

“She’s been visiting our mom, Dean.” Lexi said, glaring back at him as he glared at her. “I did say that.”

“No – you didn’t.” Sam denied.

“Yeah, I did.” Lexi shrugged. “Not my fault none of you understood me.”