Between Angels And Demons

Chapter 28

Bonnie was sat at the kitchen table with her head in a book, she heard someone pull out a chair and sit down, but she did not look at them... All of a sudden a hand touched her thigh and she jumped, "Christ Dean..."

Dean smirked, "Sorry... couldn't help it."

"You do know I could have killed you..."

"Naaa... you don’t have it in you..."

"Oh really..." And with that Bonnie pushed Dean off the chair and sat on him straddling his chest.

"Am I interrupting something...?” Said a voice behind them.

Bonnie jumped and rolled off Dean.

Dean sighed, "Gee... what does it look like Cas?"

"Do you wish for me to go?"

"No Cas... Ignore Dean; he’s just being rude... what’s the problem?"

"The nephilim… It’s not what you think…” Castiel said.

“Right… what is it then?” Dean asked as he picked himself up from the floor and offered his hand to Bonnie who took it, and then he pulled her to her feet.

“It’s part Trickster.” Castiel replied.

“How did you manage to find that out?” Bonnie asked raising an eyebrow at him.

“I was… doing some research with Alexandria…”

“Yeah ‘research’…” Dean said laughing.

Bonnie glared at him, and then elbowed him in the stomach.

“No wonder this thing is a bitch to kill…” Bonnie said, she heard footsteps coming down the stairs and looked up, “Alright Lex?”

“Hmmm… yeah… I was just wondering, why the hell didn’t Gabriel tell us about this thing…” Lexi replied as she went and made herself a cup of coffee.

“You know Gabe… always the comedian.” Bonnie said as she slumped onto the sofa, she managed to turn on the TV by just looking at it.

The news was on, “A double homicide was reported in Maine last night, the victims both female. Bodies said to have been drained of blood…” the reporter carried on…

“Shit… Lex… come and look at this.” Bonnie said gesturing towards the TV.

After a while of watching the full report Bonnie clicked her fingers and the TV turned off. “Think we should go check it out?” She asked her sister.

“Why not… could be a lead.” Lexi replied as she got up and headed upstairs.

“I’m coming with you…” Dean said grabbing Bonnie’s wrist as she turned to leave.

“Dean… I think its best you stay here.”

Dean looked hurt, “Bonnie, I’m not gonna let you do this on your own…”

Bonnie grinned, “I’m not on my own, and I’ve got my own mini guardian angel…”

“I heard that!” Yelled Lexi from upstairs.

Bonnie laughed.

“That’s not what I meant and you know it.” Dean said.

“Dean, it’s not safe for you to be around me at the moment.” Bonnie said as she stroked his cheek.

“Bon… If this is about you being half demon… I don’t care, you know that.”

“I do know that… I wish I could tell you… I really do. But I can’t, promise me you will not follow.”

Dean looked down at the floor, Bonnie put her fingers underneath his chin and lifted his head back up, “Promise me…”

“Yeah…” Dean muttered, then he walked away.

Lexi was upstairs packing her hunting gear.

“Alexandria…” said a voice from behind her.

“Jesus Christ… Cas… please stop doing that, at least give me a little warning.” Lexi squealed as she spun around.

“Please be careful… there is something not right about this…” Castiel said as he stepped towards the hunter.

“Always am.” Lexi replied smiling at him, “Cas… could you do something for me…”