Between Angels And Demons

Chapter 30

Arriving in Maine...

Bonnie stopped the Mustang on a street corner and got out the file that Lexi had made up with her research. She squinted at the pages underneath the dim street light.

"Alright there Bon?" Lexi asked looking over at her sister, "Not going blind on me now are ya?"

"Oh do shut up..." Bonnie replied swatting at her sister with the papers in her hand.

Lexi just laughed, opened the car door and stepped out... into a puddle, "What a great place this is..." She muttered to herself.

Bonnie appeared silently next to her, "You can say that again..."

Lexi jumped slightly, "You're getting as bad as Cas..."

Bonnie stuck her tongue out at her, "Well, you're the brains of this outfit... where do we start?"

"Crime scene is as good a place as any..."

"Right... Elizabeth Matthews... number 23... Park avenue..." Bonnie said rummaging through the papers that were still in her hand.

"Yup... Bon... You okay?"

Bonnie raised an eyebrow at her sister, "Uhh... yeah why wouldn't I be?"

"Just checking..."

The girls walked down the deserted high street in the rain.

"Does this seem... well a tad weird to you?" Lexi asked.

"Uhhh... well the town is empty."

"Yeah, that's the thing, there's no one here... no lights on in houses nothing."

Bonnie pulled out her revolver, "Somethings not right... vampires?"

"I'm not sure... yes the bodies were drained of blood, but still..."

Suddenly Bonnie's cell started ringing, she looked at the caller ID and flipped the phone open, "Yes Dean?"

"Hey... just checkin' you gals got there okay..."

"Yeah we're fine... but this is a creepy-ass town..."

"How do ya mean?"

"It's deserted... there's no one here... literally, its a ghost town..."

"Bonnie... something ain't right... get the hell outta there now!"

"But Dean, it could be a lead to the next key..."

"Bonnie..."

"Seriously... we'll be fine..."

"Kay... I love you..."

Bonnie smiled and flipped the phone shut.

"I just love your optimism..." Said a voice from behind the girls.

The girls both swung around.

"Who the hell are you?" Lexi asked.

"Well... that's for me to know and you to find out..." said the girl in front of them, all of a sudden her eyes flashed red.

"Demon..." Muttered Bonnie.

"Oh... Bonnie... Nice to see you've joined our side again..."

"What the fuck is it with you guys and saying that... I have no intention in joining you..." Bonnie shouted.

"Oh you will in the end..." The girl smirked, she looked only about 18 years old.

Bonnie aimed her revolver at the girl.

Lexi grabbed hold of the barrel, "There's an innocent girl in there Bon..."

"Innocent or not the bitch is asking for it!"

"See you fell for my little trap." The girl smirked.

"Trap?" Lexi asked, "It was you killing all those people?"

"Well yes... I had to get you two away from the Winchesters..." The girl said.

"And you decided to face us on your own... bad move there darlin'" Bonnie said, eyes turning black.

"Oh... Bonnie, Bonnie, Bonnie... you don't think I came here alone do you?"

Bonnie looked at her sister.

A growling noise came from behind the demon.

"I brought my pets..." the girl laughed.

"Oh no... not these guys again..." Lexi said eyes widening, and with that both sisters took off down the street, the Hellhounds hot on their heels...