Between Angels And Demons

Chapter 31

The sisters ran to the door of a diner...

Bonnie unlocked the door with a flick of her wrist, they scrambled through the door and slammed it behind them.

"Bon... salt!" Lexi shouted as she barred the door.

Bonnie ran around the counter in search of a bag of salt.

"Some time today would be nice!" Lexi screamed as the door shuddered as the Hellhounds threw themselves at the door.

Bonnie grabbed a bag of salt from underneath the counter and poured it in front of the door and windows leading into the diner.

Lexi backed away from the door, grabbed a chair and wedged the back of it against the handle of the door.

"I have a bad feeling about this..." Bonnie said eying the door wearily as it shuddered again under the pressure.

"Balthazar... get your ass down here now!" Lexi screamed.

There was a flutter of wings, "You hollered?"

"We need help..." Lexi said.

"I can see that, why did you not call Castiel?"

"Now's not the time for idle chit chat Bal!" Bonnie shouted over the frustrated howls outside.

Balthazar rolled his eyes, "You know you could be just a little nicer to me..." Indicating this with his finger and thumb.

"Balthazar!"

"Alright, alright..." He walked up to the sisters with both arms outstretched.

"Hang on... where are we goin'?" Bonnie asked.

"Anywhere but here..." and with that Balthazar touched both their foreheads and they vanished.

...

"Great... we're in the middle of fucking nowhere... good goin' Bal..." Bonnie said looking around, they were surrounded by desert.

"I can zap you back if you wish..."

"Nah... I'm good..." Bonnie said raising her hands in the air.

"Right... and where are we?" Lexi asked.

"Arizona..."

"And we are here why?"

"To build sand castles..." Balthazar said sarcastically.

Bonnie glared at him.

"Actually... one of the keys is around here..."

"How in heavens name do you know that..." Lexi asked him.

"Because I put it there..." Balthazar replied, "You don't think that this is the first time that someone has tried to use those keys to open the gates to hell..."

"Well... where is it?" Lexi asked.

Balthazar smirked, "That's for me to know and you to find out... happy hunting girls..." And with that he disappeared.