Between Angels And Demons

Chapter 32

"Great. Now what do we do?" Bonnie mumbled, looking around them. All she could see was desert and she started mentally cursing at Balthazar. When she turned back to look at Lexi - her sister had her mobile out. "What...?"

"Hush." Lexi said to Bonnie before dialling. "Hey."

"What the...? Lex? Is everything okay?"

"Yes, Dean. Everything is fine. I just figured you should now that we're now in Arizona..."

"Arizona!"

"Yes...Arizona....Maine was a trap. There were hellhounds and demons waiting for us. We called Balthazar and he brought us to Arizona."

"You called Balthazar? Why not Cas?"

"Would you call Bonnie if you were trapped?"

"No. Yes. Shut up. Ask the crazy english angel why he took you two to Arizona."

"Can't."

"Why?"

"He left."

"He left."

"Yep. We have no car, no clothes, no food or water. And we're in the middle of the desert."
Lexi paused and pulled the phone away from her ear a bit as Dean swore loudly on the other end of the phone. "But he says there's a key around here somewhere."

"Helpful."

"He thought so."

"Whatever. We'll be there soon."

"No - wait..."
Lexi trailed off as Dean put the phone down on her.

"What did he say?" Bonnie asked.

"They'll be here soon." Lexi sighed. "I really think that they're better off where they are."

"That's what Bobby said." Sam said from behind them. Both girls jumped and spun around. "So he stayed with Chuck."

"Got your car." Dean said to Bonnie. She smiled as she noticed it just behind the Impala.

"Seriously? You got Cas to bring you guys and the cars?" Bonnie asked in disbelief.

"It's not really that hard for him. Last time he died - he got brought back with archangel powers." Dean explained.

"Hey." Lexi said to Castiel, standing next to him and looking at him. "You okay?"

He smiled and nodded at her before looking out over the desert. "There is a key here. Balthazar was right."

Bonnie nodded. "He doesn't normally lie to us."

"What happened in Maine?" Sam asked as they stood looking out over the desert and tried to decide where to start looking.

"It was a trap. Some demon was waiting for us. Sounded female. Said it knew you guys and had to get us away from you." Bonnie replied, smiling as Dean stepped up next to her and wrapped an arm around her waist.

"She brought hellhounds with her." Lexi added. "She called them her pets."

There was a moment of silence before Dean turned to Castiel, "So, where do we start looking?"