Between Angels And Demons

Chapter 34

"Rise and shine Sammy!" Dean yelled as he swiped the covers away from his brother.

"Christ dude don't you ever knock..."

Dean raised an eyebrow at his brother, "Dude... you're in a tent."

Sam groans and rolls over.

"Breakfast in 10..." Dean says grinning then he walks out leaving Sam in the tent that he was sharing with Bobby.

Outside Bonnie was sat next to Lexi, both girls were flipping through books trying to find any information about where the key was buried.

Lexi sighed, "Balthazar..."

"You summoned..." grinned the angel appearing behind her.

"Bout' fucking time..." Bonnie muttered.

"Well excuse me..."

"Look Bal... you would really help us out by telling us where the hell it is." Lexi said shutting the book.

"Well... I could tell you... but where's the fun in that?" Balthazar said laughing.

"Right that's it..." Bonnie said suddenly appearing in front of Balthazar.

Balthazar gasped, her eyes were pitch black and all of a sudden she grabbed him by the throat.

"Bonnie... whoa, calm down baby..." Dean said putting a hand soothingly on her shoulder.

Bonnie dropped Balthazar swung round and punched Dean square in the jaw sending him flying backwards into the dust and sand. Then she drew her gun and aimed it at Dean.

Dean stared at her, "Babe... its me..."

All of a sudden Bonnie threw her gun to the ground and collapsed. "I'm sorry..."

Dean picked himself up nursing his already bruising jaw. He walked over to her but Bonnie shied away from him and went to sit back down next to Lexi, who just stared at her sister.

"Bonnie... you haven't been feeling yourself lately... have you..." Balthazar asked.

Bonnie looked up at him, "I feel like this thing is tearing me apart..."

"The sooner we find this key and kill that son of a bitch the better..." Dean said.

"The key is located in the Grand Canyon..." Balthazar said and with that he disappeared.

"And he couldn't of just told us that in the first place..." Sam said overhearing as he came out of his tent, then he noticed the shocked expression on every ones faces, "What did I miss?"

"Never mind Sammy." Dean said leaning against the side of the Impala.

"Dean, what happened to you?" Sam said noticing the bruise on his brothers jaw.

"I fell over Sam... now can we drop it."

Sam raised an eyebrow at his brother.

"We must hurry..." Castiel said in his gravely voice.

"Cas is right..." Lexi said putting an arm around her sister. "For all we know the Nephilim could already be there."

"Cas, can you use your angel mojo and zap us there?" Bobby asked, taking a swig from his flask.

"I can take you to the canyon... but not to the location of the key." Castiel said.

"Let's go..." Bonnie said looking at the ground.

.................

The group appeared at the edge of the canyon.

Lexi slipped and grabbed onto Castiel's coat to stop herself from falling into the canyon.

Castiel grabbed her around the waist and pulled her backwards.

"Thanks..." Lexi said laughing nervously, "That could have sucked." she added looking down into the crevasse. "I guess it's probably down there knowing our luck..."

"Pity... I didn't bring my climbing gear..." Bonnie said grimacing, "I hate heights..."

Dean took a step towards her, "Bonnie I..."

"No Dean..." She cut him off, "I am so friggin' sorry, I would never do anything to hurt you... I need to get rid of these powers... all of them."

"I know babe..." Dean said smiling slightly even though it hurt. He wrapped his arms around her and brought her close to his chest.

Sam coughed, "Shouldn't we, uhh... make a move?"

.................

After what seemed like an eternity the group had managed to make it to the bottom of the canyon, they were stood at the mouth of a pitch black cave.

"Bottle of PBR says its in there..." Bonnie muttered.

"There is definitely something in there..." Castiel said as he made his way into the cave.

"Eager beaver..." Lexi muttered following him.

"Great... heights... caves... what next?" Bonnie said sarcastically.

The group walked through a maze of twisting caverns, finally they reached the end. At the back of the cave there were scratches running down the walls.

"These look like..." Lexi trailed off as she touched the marks, "Fingernails..."

"Some poor bastard must have got seriously lost." Dean said.

"That would be him." Sam said pointing to the skeleton lying on the ground.

"Whoa... crispy..." Dean said staring the the skeleton.

Balthazar appeared next to him, "Matthew..."

"You knew this dude?" Dean said jumping a little and turning to face the angel.

"I left him here..."

"You left him!?" Bobby shouted, "What kind of heartless bastard would do that!?"

"Me obviously... It was the only way to hide they key." And with that Balthazar walked over and picked up something lying on the ground next to the body. "Here is you key..." he placed it in Lexi's hand and vanished.

All of a sudden laughter started to echo through the caverns, the group turned and came face to face with the Nephilim, "I will be taking that..."

"Over my dead body..." Bonnie muttered.

"Oh that can be arranged sweetheart..."

"You are not getting this key..." Lexi said tucking it into her jacket pocket.

The nephilim smiled, "Ohh... Is that so... well guess what... I brought some friends..." Next to him three other people appeared.

"Oh my god..." Lexi gasped.

"You know those guys?" Dean asked her.

"Yeah... we met them in Wisconsin... they died..."

"And now they're back... to get revenge..." The Nephilim laughed.

"I'm sorry..." Lexi whispered.

"You let us die..." One of the people gurgled, blood spilling from their mouth.

"We tried to save you..." Bonnie said.

Suddenly they lunged towards Lexi and Bonnie, Fingernails ripping at their clothing.

"Oh... and don't think I left you out..." the Nephilim grinned turning towards the others. "Get em' boys..." Growls filled the cavern.

"He has Hellhounds too... this is one evil son of a bitch!?" Dean said shooting into the pitch blackness of the cave.

Lexi managed to pull out her Katana and she took the head off one of her attackers, the body fell to the ground twitching.

Bonnie shot one of her assailants through the heart, but she was jumped by the third who pulled her to the ground, "Crap..."

"Hey asshole!" Lexi said, and she shot the other straight through the head.

"Cheers babe..." Bonnie said picking herself up.

"Don't mention it sweetie..." Lexi said laughing.

The Nephilm flew at Lexi knocking her to the ground, he grabbed her by the throat and lifted her up. Pinning her to the cold wall of the cave.

"Get the fuck away from my sister..." Bonnie said menacingly.

The Nephilim dropped Lexi to the ground and turned to face Bonnie, "And what is a little Demon bitch like you going to do to me!?" He started to laugh.

"This..." Bonnie said clicking her fingers.

The Nephilim's laughter was cut short as he suddenly burst into flames and fell to the floor screaming in agony... it didn't take long for his body to be consumed by the flames. There was a blinding flash of light and his body disappeared along with the Hellhounds.

"Is it over..."