Between Angels And Demons

Chapter 5

"You know - if you told us what you were hunting, we could help you." Sam said as he sat down next to Dean at Lexi's table.

"No thanks." Lexi replied, finishing her latte and pie.

"Why not?" Dean whined as he bullied Castiel into sitting down in one of the spare chairs at the table.

"Because we don't need your help. And...you keep staring at my little sister." Lexi repled calmly as Bonnie joined them at the table after ordering herself a coffee. "Besides we know what we're dealing with and we know how to deal with it."

"Way to tell 'em." Bonnie chuckled as the bartender put her coffee down in front of her. "Thank you."

"You're welcome ladies." The bartender grinned, "How long are you two staying in Sterling this time?"

"Not long - just tying up some loose ends." Bonnie replied.

"Shame. You know you're always welcome here." The batender smiled at them before taking Lexi's plate and cup and walking away.

"You've been here before?" Sam asked curiously as Dean glared at the bartender's back as he walked away.

"Yeah - town had a banshee problem a few years ago."

"What are you hunting here now?" Dean asked.

Lexi just smirked and shook her head. "Why do you want to know?"

"So that we can help. Right Sammy?"

"So you think that becuase we're female that we can't do the job as well as you can?" Bonnie asked with forced politeness as she sipped her coffee.

"Uhh...well, no...that's not what I..." Dean started to say.

Lexi laughed, but took pity on his stuttering. "It's a nephilim. And I doubt that you've ever come across one. I seriously doubt that you know how to deal with one."

"Stab it with an angel blade?" Dean queried.

"No." Bonnie replied bluntly. "Angel blade's kill angels. Not nephilim. Found that out the hard way." Bonnie shook her head.

"Yeah." Lexi smirked. "Threw you through a wall when he realised he wasn't dead."

Bonnie laughed. "Yeah...hurt too."

"So, how do you kill one?" Sam asked Castiel.

"You don't - none are supposed to exist. They were wiped out centuries ago." Castiel replied.

"Yep - they were. But apparently, angels just can't stop themselves." Bonnie smiled and then frowned when she looked down at her coffee and realised that it was all gone. She sighed and went and ordered another one.

"Anyway, we've encountered a few...most don't realise what they are. You tell them, they learn to control themselves - and everyone goes on living normal lives." Lexi said as Bonnie sat back down with another coffee.

"The one's that do know - well, we never come across those. But some...well, some think that they're inhuman." Bonnie took a sip of her drink. "And those get nasty. We stop them. Help them deal and shit."

"What if they don't deal?" Dean asked.

"Then we kill them."

"How?" Castiel questionned.

"Same way you kill everyone else." Lexi answered. "They're mortal - any mortal weapon will do it."

"Though we'll never get close enough to this thing to talk. Not with your little angel pal around." Bonnie sighed. "He probably already knows your here."