Between Angels And Demons

Chapter 6

"This is stupid... we're wasting time here..." Bonnie said as she got up and started to make her way out of the bar.

"I don't think you two should go this alone..." Sam said.

"Look, I don't mean to be rude but we are better off without you." Bonnie replied, and then she left.

Sam watched as she made her way to the room the sisters were staying in.

"I'm sorry about her..." Lexi said, "She has some anger issues, she never really used to be like that." Then she sat back in her chair, "It's sad really, she used to be fun... and happy."

"If you don't mind me asking... what happened?" Castiel said.

"Mom left... Dad... well the less said about him the better." Lexi replied, a tear falling down her cheek.

Castiel suddenly reached over and wiped it away.

Lexi looked stunned.

"I apologise..."

Dean suddenly stood up and made his way towards the door.

"Where do you think you're going?" Sam asked.

"To make sure she’s okay..." Dean replied winking at Sam.

Bonnie was sat on the rather hard motel bed with her head in her hands, she heard the door open and looked up, and she found herself staring into Dean's dark green eyes. “What do you want?" She asked wiping away her tears.

"I came to see if you were alright..." Dean said making his way and sitting on the bed next to Bonnie.

"I'm fine... now would you mind leaving I’m feeling rather antisocial..."

"There’s a surprise..."

"Excuse me?"

"It's not good for you... you know... bottling feelings up."

"Oh and what are you now some kind of sex mad shrink?" Bonnie spat back.

"No actually... I am worried about you..."

Bonnie stared back at him for what seemed like a decade... then she found herself in his arms. She buried her head in his neck taking in the smell of his cologne.

Dean held her tight to his chest and kissed her forehead.

"Sam... I think we really could use your help..." Lexi said finally swallowing her pride.

"Right... let’s get some research on this thing... then we can find out what we are really up against." Sam said, "Cas... do you think you could ask some of your buddies upstairs if they have heard of anything?"

"I will see what I can do..." Castiel replied smiling at Lexi, and with that he vanished...