Between Angels And Demons

Chapter 9

"Lexi? Where the hell are you?!" Bonnie screamed, running back down the hallway...

"What the fuck?" Lexi questionned, finally waking up. She tried to move but her hands and feet were bound to a chair, "Shit!"

"Finally..." Said a voice from behind her.

Lexi heard footsteps moving around in the darkness.

"Now, you are going to tell me what I want..."

"Well - if I knew what that was..." Lexi replied as she tried to reach her pocket knife.

"I wouldn't do that..." Suddenly the lights above Lexi flickered and came on.

Lexi found herself face to face with the once-hobo, although now he was washed, shaved and in a suit. "What the fuck is going on?"

"You will tell me!" The man screamed at her, smacking Lexi in the face.

Lexi snapped her head back up to look at him, spitting out blood as she did so.

"Tell you what? You crazy fuck!"

"Lexi!!!" Bonnie ran around the corner and smacked straight into Dean. "Dean! Thank God. Lexi's gone!"

Dean brought his arms around Bonnie, "Well, hey darlin'." He leered at her before taking in what she'd said and frowning, "What do you mean, gone?"

"She just bloody vanished!" Bonnie screamed at him. She shook off his arms and pulled out a pack of cigarettes - pulling one out of the pack and lighting it before putting the pack away again. She sighed, inhaling the smoke before coughing violently and tossing it to the floor, stamping it out with the heel of her cowboy boots.

"You smoke?" Dean looked confused.

"Yes! no..." Bonnie sighed again and ran a hand through her longish, wavy blonde hair. "Is this conversation really helping me find my sister?"

"No, it isn't." Sam said from his spot standing just behind his brother. "Where were you when she disappeared?"

"Follow me." Bonnie said, turning back the way she'd come with both men following behind her. "It was here." She said a few minuted later when they reached the door she'd found the hobo behind. "We opened this door and found a hobo and the next thing I knew she was gone."

"A hobo?"

"I'll call Cas." Sam said, glaring as Dean mouthed 'hobo?' at him while he dialled the angel's number. "It means homeless person, Dean."

"I know that. Bitch."

"Jerk." Sam replied, before turning his back on Dean as Castiel picked up his phone. "Hey Cas. Yeah - everything's clear down here too. But we have a problem. No - nobody's hurt. We're on the first floor, by the...stairway." Sam finished, taking a look around.

"I am here." Castiel said, appearing behind Bonnie with a rustle of wings.

"Yeah - we get that." Dean said. Bonnie moving to stand between him and Sam as Sam turned and put his phone away.

Castiel tilted his head, confused as to why Sam had called him saying that there was a problem. "Where is...?"

"That's the problem." Sam answered the question before it could be fully asked, moving around and peeking into the room that should have held the hobo.

"I see."

"Can you find her?" Bonnie asked, looking worried and like she was trying not to cry.

Dean wrapped an arm around her shoulders and hugged her. "Course he can. He's awesome." Dean glared expectantly at Castiel.

"Oh...yes. I can find Alexandria."

"Alright." Sam said, "But I think I know who the nephilim is."

"What?"

"How?"

"Your hobo's missing." Sam said, pointing into the room. "And there's blood."

"What?!" Bonnie ran into the room and looked around. "Son of a bitch!"

"What?" Dean asked, coming up behind her.

"That's Lexi's pocket knife. And that red material over there? part of the top she was wearing under her shirt." Bonnie replied, moving closer to the chair in the middle of the pool of blood. "It looks like she was being tortured." She added with a kind of cut off sob at the end of her sentence.

"Then where is she? And where the hell is the nephilim?" Dean asked.