‹ Prequel: Pictures on the Wall

Romance Is Dead

Three.

Almost half an hour later a group of girls walked up to us, all blondes. They reminded me of Mean Girls with the way they walked, the looks on their faces. The one in the middle, the blondest, was the first to speak, “Do you know if Romance Is Dead is here recording today?” Her voice was high pitched and annoying.

“Sorry miss,” I spoke up, “But no one is allowed in the studio today. You’ll have to come to the next show or meet-and-greet.” I was surprised at myself even; I wasn’t normally snotty sounding when I talked to people. The other girls rolled their eyes at me. Normally I would have started a fight, but I had to be polite; I couldn’t go around being rude if I wanted to make friends. “You’ll have to leave now, or we are permitted to have extra security escort you from the premises.”

The looks on the girls’ faces were priceless as they walked away, and I couldn’t help but start laughing. “I didn’t figure girls like that would attend shows. They look more like the kind to go spend a day in downtown LA or something.”

Alyssa laughed with me, “You do have a point. Do you think you could go monitor the studio with Cristi? I know that Caroline is supposed to be watching the back door, so you could tell her to come take your place.”

I nodded my head and started walking to the recording booth where the guys were, wondering if it would be awkward at all. Taking out my phone, I immediately went to facebook to update my status. ‘security at the recording studio for romance is dead with alyssa. way to start my morning(:’

“Hey, Delilah!” A voice came up behind me and I jumped, letting out a small scream. I turned to see a laughing Bradley, and glared. “Aw, don’t look so mad.”

“That’s not nice. Not nice at all!” I started laughing, placing my phone back in my pocket. “Aren’t you supposed to be recording right now?”

“Yeah, but right now Chris has to lay down some lead vocals,” He smiled at me, and you could see how it lit his whole face up. We were walking back to the recording booth in an awkward silence all because I didn’t know what to say. “You know, you seem pretty shy.”

I looked down at the floor, watching the tiles; my hands in my pockets. “I am, sometimes. I dunno…”

I thought he would laugh at me, but he didn’t. “Why are you so shy right now?” He seemed curious, but then again who wouldn’t be? I was working studio security, I couldn’t exactly be scared of people.

“Well I don’t want you to find me weird, I guess,” I said, laughing it off.

“I’m pretty weird myself, so don’t worry.” The smile was back again, which I adored. “Do you want to come meet the rest of the guys?” He sounded really happy, and I hated that I had to be working.

I scrunched up my nose, and shook my head, “I can’t. I’m switching security areas with Caroline right now.”

Just then Cristi and Caroline came walking through the hall. “Bradley!” Cristi called, making her way towards us, “They need you to lay down the bass for that last track again.” Her eyes upon me seemed judgmental, not friendly as they had been before.

Now Bradley was the one scrunching up his nose. He nodded at Cristi, “Alright. Delilah and Caroline are supposed to switch shifts right now anyways.” This guy was seriously adorable, “You’re coming to lunch with us, right?”

I nodded my head, and he smiled at me before walking back to start recording again. Caroline didn’t say anything, but walked in the direction I had just come from. Cristi just started to follow Bradley, taking pictures. I sighed, not really in the mood to deal with everyone and their bad attitudes. ‘where is the back door? i got left alone -.-‘ I texted Alyssa quickly, waiting for a reply. A few seconds later I got a picture of a map of the place. The back door where I was supposed to be was just down the hall I was standing in.

Exiting the door I noticed a ledge along the outer side of the wall and decided to sit there. It was pretty empty back here, and I wanted to be back out front with Alyssa. I didn’t want to be security if there was nothing to secure. Thinking to myself, I let out a long breath just as my phone vibrated. Maybe someone was going to keep me entertained.

‘wht r u doin?’ I smiled; it was a text from Peaches. I hadn’t talked to her since she had moved to London to work at the Drop Dead store. That was almost six months ago.

‘working security at a studio. you?’ My fingers typed fast.

She seemed to respond even faster. ‘sitting outside ur house haha’

Peaches was here? I decided to call her. After all, I had nothing else to do but to stare at cars driving past and watch the clouds that were floating through the sky. The phone hadn’t even made a full ring through before I heard a high pitched scream from the end followed by, “Deeeeeliiiiiiluuuuuuh!”

My laugh came out obnoxiously, and I could hear her laughing along. “How are you?” I asked, “And why are you outside of my house?!”

“Well I decided I’d come for a visit. It was supposed to be a surprise, but there is no one home to surprise. That’s why I texted you,” she quickly explained as she caught her breath from laughing.

“Well isn’t that classis? Hold on,” I said as my phone beeped. I had a text from Alyssa saying that the guys were about to come out so I could head back to the front. “Sorry about that. I guess the guys are done recording now.”

I had forgotten how much she had enjoyed screaming. “Guys?! Recording?! Who are you working security for?”

“This local band, Romance Is Dead,” I said, walking back inside, “They’ve got pretty good lyrics. Plus, the singer is hot. Well, they all are.”

“Uh, you gotta introduce girl!” She laughed again and I did too.

“I will. The key is in the bottom of that watering can. I’ll be home in about two hours since there is still some stuff to finish up,” I explained to her, “If you don’t mind waiting. You can make yourself at home.”

You could hear the evilness in her voice, “Alright. That’s not a problem.” Then the line disconnected.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image