‹ Prequel: Enchanted to Meet You
Sequel: Innocent
Status: Active :)

Better Than Revenge

Medicine

I stumbled over nothing and dropped the multiple empty red cups I had gathered from around the house. They tumbled to the floor and I let out a groan, plopping on the sofa in frustration.

Jacob kneeled down and started to pick up my mess. "You know, if you stack them inside each other it's a whole lot easier to carry."

I dropped my head in my hands. "How did we get stuck cleaning up anyway?"

Jake rested his elbows on my knees. "Cleaning up is fun."

I groaned again.

"What's the matter, Grumpy?"

I lifted my head to find his eyes trying to pick out my problem. I stared at him, and I saw that he became self conscious. "Do you love me?"

He blinked harshly, laughing a little. "Do I love you?"

I nodded, keeping my eyes locked on his. He watched me carefully, deciding if I was being serious.

I helped him out. "Did you kiss me because you wanted to, or was it just because you were upset with Bella?"

He caught on quickly. "I kissed you because I wanted to."

"But do you know that? For sure?"

Jake tucked a clump of hair behind my ear. "What's this really about?"

I shrugged, dropping my eyes. "I have a habit of being the medicine to dull pain. But you don't need medicine after you're healed."

He furrowed his brow, seemingly confused. But he made it clear he wasn't. "You are not his medicine. You aren't even close to that. I know what that's like."

"But am I yours?" I felt those stupid tears again.

"I could ask you the same thing, Val."

Emily took a few steps into the room but stopped in her tracks, backing up while biting her lip.

Jake turned back to me and pressed his forehead to mine. "Listen, I don't want you ever feeling like you're second, because you're not, and you never will be."

"What about you?"

"We're both in the same boat here. It's only natural that we stick together. You promise you won't ditch me?"

I smiled. "As long as you don't ditch me."

He leaned to kiss me, and I instantly took hold of his hair to keep him there. He was right. For whatever reason, fate had brought us together a while ago so that we could both get through this in one piece. We were supposed to stick together.

"Jake," I whispered to the skin of his forehead.

"Hmm?"

"Jacob." We both looked up to Sam's stern voice. "Let's go."

He dropped his head into my lap and sighed. I rubbed his hair. "I'll see you."

"I'll be back in 20 minutes," He promised. "I'll take you home, okay?"

"'Kay."

He kissed me one more time and followed Sam outside.

. . . . . . . .

Seth's POV:

I was waiting silently with everyone else when Jake phased and enyered the picture.

'This better be good.' He grumbled in his thoughts.

We all knew the basic idea of what was going to happen, and it didn't take him long to get it.

'No way.'

Embry tried first. 'Jake, you gotta be realistic-'

'No! It's not happening.'

'Jacob, calm down.' Sam wanted him under control.

'You can't kill Bella! That doesn't solve anything.'

'It does.' Sam insisted. 'You can't be so selfish.'

'Selfish? You think saving someone's life is selfish?'

'Jake, you gotta look at the big picture.'

'It's not like we want to kill her.'

I gave it a shot. It didn't work very well. 'Jake -'

'Shut up, Seth!'

'Don't yell at him!' Leah growled. 'He didn't do anything wrong!'

'You might wanna rethink that.'

Jacob looked at me, and I wanted to sink into the ground.

He spun on his heels and jumped into the trees. I don't know why, but I followed him.
♠ ♠ ♠
oh my breaking freaking dawn. WHO SAW IT? I went at midnight :) i won't say anything to ruin it if you didn't see it yet but seriously it was awesome! i looooooved it sooooo much. it was perfect. and seth was so cute! ;) i wanna see it again asap. AH ok gettin a lil too excited. as always, thanks for your comments! keep it up :)