‹ Prequel: Enchanted to Meet You
Sequel: Innocent
Status: Active :)

Better Than Revenge

Innocent

*** helloooo! So i just got this brilliant idea and i'm super excited. its kind of a sequel, but told from a new point of view. still got our wolf boys! i honestly missed this story way too much. so this is the first chapter to a sequel-ish thing that i will post soon! please leave a comment and let me know what you think!***

NIKKI:

I felt like a stalker, but I didn't care.

"Hey, Beth?" I called into the next room, holding back the curtains to watch our weird ass neighbors again.

The man with the state police car was pulling into the driveway next door. He looked like a hardcore cop, with his bald head and a legitimate gun on his hip.

"Beth!" I yelled louder, in that tone that really pisses her off.

"What, Nikki! What do you want!"

"The cops are here." I said, lowering my voice when he got out of his car.

Beth's gullible, and I knew that. She came hobbling over to the window and pushed me out of the way. "No, they're not."

I spit her hair out of my mouth. We have exactly the same hair, long and red. But Beth's 22, and exceptionally gorgeous. Her hair makes mine look like the hairball on the butt of a horse. "Either way, looks like you can't have your wild party tonight."

The realization slapped her in the face. "Dammit!" She stomped her foot on the floor, directly on top of mine.

"Ow! Son of a -"

"Whatever. I'll just drive to the city."

I rubbed my foot, scowling out the window again. Beth got on the phone with one of her friends.

We moved here a week ago, and not once has that cop introduced himself. I guess that would be weird, but still. I wouldn't mind a nice plate of chocolate chip cookies. I remember when Mom used to make them for us when we were little.

I sighed to myself, brushing the nostalgic thoughts away. Beth's my guardian for just one more year, but I do miss Mom. It's not the same without her around.

I became much more interested when a girl got out of the passenger seat. I'd never seen her before. She was probably my age, with a very interesting auburn hair color. She was pretty.

"Beth,"

"What now?"

I watched closer. "The cop has a daughter."

Beth was careful not to step on me this time. "Oh, yeah." She watched for a second, then slapped my shoulder. "If you invite her over tonight, then maybe the cop won't bust the party!"

I rolled my eyes. "Why can't you just ask her?"

"Why are you afraid of people?"

"I am not afraid of people." I growled at her. She knows I'm sensitive about that.

"Then go say hi. Introduce yourself, make a new friend. You could use one, you know."

I considered it, but pretended to blow her off. "Try not to get arrested tonight, okay?"

"Certainly." She ruffled my hair. "See ya."

I turned my back to the window, picking at my nail polish. "Bye."

The bells on the door knob jingled as it slammed closed. It got really quiet, the same way it always does when Beth leaves me home alone.

I heard her obnoxious voice and spun back around at the window. She caught the girl's attention and was talking to her halfway across the lawn.

I huffed when she pointed at the house, probably referring to me. I dragged myself outside.

Beth acted surprised to see me. "Oh, there she is."

I watched the girl's very blue eyes travel to me and a smile spread across her face.

I kept my smile tiny and went to Beth for shelter.

"This is my little sister Nikki," Beth squeezed her arm around my shoulder. I shrugged her away.

"Valerie." The girl said. Her smile was nice, but I noticed a funky scar on her mouth. It looked like somebody bit her face when they got hungry.

I kept my eyes down. "Nice to meet you."

"Okay, I gotta bounce." Beth screwed up my hair again. "I'll see you later."

"Bye, Beth." Valerie said softly, looking back to me. "So you just moved here?"

"About a week ago." I said.

She frowned. "I'm sorry I didn't stop. I've been busy lately, but that's not a good excuse."

"It's alright. We're still settling in anyway." She seemed like a nice girl. Down to earth.

There was a brief moment of silence, but it was interrupted by another weird ass event.

A pickup truck load of shirtless body builders screeched around the corner and parked itself on the road beside us. I raised my eyebrows, watching Valerie's reaction.

She was grinning so big that I thought her lips would rip her face open.

I pointed to the truck. "You know them?"

Her cheeks turned pink. "Yeah. I'm sorry, I have to -"

"Come on, slacker!" One of them yelled.

Valerie grinned again. "I have to go. It was nice meeting you!" She started shuffling to the car, grabbing a hand to help her into the back.

The truck sped off again.

I spotted the cop car again, and wondered why the hell this guy would let his daughter drive off with a bunch of clowns without any shirts on.

Even though they're pretty attractive clowns.

Weird ass neighbors.