‹ Prequel: Enchanted to Meet You
Sequel: Innocent
Status: Active :)

Better Than Revenge

"You'll regret it."

Seth's POV :

"Seth?"

I didn't answer her.

"Please don't be mad at me." She gave me a few seconds.

"I'm not mad," I mumbled. "I'm frustrated."

"You're frustrated." She repeated, folding her hands infront of her. "I can't apologize enough."

"It's not you." I kicked a rock and sent it flying ahead of us as we walked. "It's the fact that they're so immature and stubborn that they can't see past what you are."

I felt Elena's hand wrap itself in mine again, but I didn't push her away. I needed it. "Not everyone will understand like you do, Seth. I admire that about you."

I felt a raindrop fall on my nose. "Valerie got her memory back."

It stunned her. "How do you know?"

"I saw it. She took one look at you, and it all came back." I kicked another unlucky rock. "I should have said something."

"I think she should ease her way back into everything. It's alot for her to handle."

"Elena, I can't just sit around. I can't do that anymore."

"Well what will you say?" She glued her feet to the ground. "She'll be angry that you've been with me. She won't talk to you."

"You don't know that."

She dropped her eyes to the ground and sighed, pulling my arm closer. "You remember how I knew you were lying to me? Hiding something?"

The rain started to pick up. I nodded.

"Since I've turned, it's become different. I could tell you weren't telling the truth because I've known you forever, but also because that sense is heightened. I can tell when anyone is hiding something, and I can read it like it's written on his face."

Wow. "Is that your...power?"

She nodded.

I gulped. "What are you trying to say?"

"It's not Valerie hiding something as much as it is Jacob."

I looked back over my shoulder as an instinct to make sure he wasn't there.

She crushed the little doubt I had left. "Why do you think he hasn't phased in a while?"

Same reason I haven't : so I can't hear his thoughts.

"Or why he's been spending so much time with Valerie?"

My mind was swimming. "What do you know?"

. . . . . . . .

Val's POV:

I kept my breathing slow to go to my happy place, even though I knew Carlisle wouldn't hurt me.

The doctor held my chin steady as he peered into my eyes with his little flashlight. "You seem to be just fine." He said with a smile.

Jacob and I both sighed in relief.

"Thank you so much for everything." My mom rubbed his shoulder. "We're so happy she's back."

I looked over to Jake, grinning as he sat halfway on the arm of my sofa.

"Anytime." Carlisle started to gather his doctorly things. "Oh, I almost forgot. Bella has been asking for you, Jacob. You should stop by sometime."

His grin lessened, and he nodded once.

Carlisle left with another goodbye.

Mom followed him out the door, only to run to the store to get me flowers.

"Do you want anything?" I asked Jake as I leaned into the refrigerator.

"No, thanks."

I took out a juicebox and leaned against the wall, watching Jake get lost in his thoughts.

"You need to go see her." I told him.

Jake glanced at me, but did not respond.

"You'll regret it." I continued to nag him. "She wants you to go, so I don't know what you're waiting for. It's practically an invita-"

"Alright!" He grumbled. "I'll go."

I smiled, even though he glared at me. "Good." His eyebrows were furrowed, showing his worry. "Would you like me to join you on this emotional rollercoaster of yours?"

He almost rolled his eyes.

I laughed. "You don't have to pretend to be a big boy with me. Come on." I sucked the rest of the juice out of the box. "Let's go now."

"Shouldn't we wait for your Mom to come back?" He asked, even though he was up and ready to go.

"She'll get caught up in the store. She always does."

Jake stood there.

"Come on!" I yanked on his hand to get him to follow me.

"Val,"

"What?"

He stared at me for a second. "Thanks."

I waved him off. "Thank me later."

I was doing a favor for a good friend, but I didn't consider the risk I was taking for myself. I forgot who would be there, and the situation I was about to put myself in. I didn't consider any of it.

I shouldn't have gone with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you for your super duper comments :) this is a sneak peek to this weekend. GET PUMPED!! lol anyway... oh, someone asked me if i was team edward or team jacob.

ironically, i am 98% team edward. the other 2% goes to jacob because i like werewolves better ;) comment and subscribe!!