‹ Prequel: Enchanted to Meet You
Sequel: Innocent
Status: Active :)

Better Than Revenge

Invisible (part 2)

Seth's POV :

She's wearing his shirt.

I knew it was his because I borrowed it from him once, but I ruined it when I phased. I remembered because he was pissed. Apparently, it was his favorite shirt.

Anyway, she's wearing his shirt. Only his shirt.

She comes towards me with a sweet smile, but she takes her time, teasing me. I blink once, and it's my shirt that hugs her body. But I blink again, and she's wearing his. It makes me want her even more.

She stops a foot in front of me, her chocolate-covered strawberry hair hanging loosely in her face. Her eyes are hungry, hypnotizing me instantly. 

She takes slow steps forward, her bare feet almost floating over the floor. Like an angel.

I reach for her face, ready to kiss her with everything I have inside, but she slips through my fingers like a ghost.

I turn around and follow her as she walks through me, and discover who she was headed for the whole time.

She hugs him around the waist and he whispers her name in her ear. She smiles and blushes, watching him lovingly, while he watches me with a little smirk on his lips.

I try to move forward, but my feet are glued to the floor. I can't lift them. I can't stop them.

He kisses her as if he knows I can't move, as if he knows he's won. I can't stand it, but I can't do anything.

He touches her in the same way, like he's flaunting a trophy. I hate it. And he knows it. He glances up at me to prove it.

He whispers in her ear again, but I can't hear it. She bites her bottom lip and nods, taking his hand in her own.

Then she smirks at me, too.

. . . . . . . . 

I woke up as a sweaty mess, in the middle of the forest. Just as suddenly, I found myself phasing. My blood was pumping, like I needed to phase again. I honestly started to scare myself.

I tried to remind myself of the peaceful night around me. I didn't need to disturb it, even if I was a little disoriented. I used it to relax, taking big breaths and feeling the cool dirt under my paws.

That dream really was something. It wasn't a dream, it was a nightmare. Actually, it wasn't either of those. It was real, almost too real. That was the worst part.