I'm Coming Home to You

First One's Free

I awoke to my cell phone ringing. I groaned as I wondered who would call me at the ungodly hour of six in the morning. I rolled over to grab it, my eyes barely opening enough to click the answer button.

"Ello?" I answered sleepily.

"Rose bud, great to hear from you!" Jack told me in a chipper voice.

"There better be a damn good reason you're calling me at this ungodly hour."

"Would information on the Doctor's whereabouts or at least last known confirmed sighting be enough to wake you up?"

"Alright you win, see you in half an hour."

"Alrighty Rose see you then."

I rolled out of bed and turned the shower on. I stepped in and it started to feel like my routine when I was working in the shop. I started to become mechanical and I fell into a daze where I was still moving but my mind was pretty much shut off.

When I was done I shut the shower off and climbed out. I grabbed a towel and began to dry myself off, when I was dry enough that I wouldn't leave a puddle when I walked I wrapped a towel around my head and one around my body and walked back to my room.

I found my pinstripe suit and began to change back into that, I needed a couple more suits so I could swap out every so often, you know change it up a tad. I finished dressing quickly and grabbed some of my clothes to give to Lily.

I opened the door to her room where she was sleeping soundly. I walked over and gently shook her awake. She moaned as her eyes opened a little.

"Get up you teenage git. We gotta go." I told her.

"Even in the future the day starts too early."

"Shouldn't you be used to this?"

"No, the prince would let us sleep until the clock struck eight. Then he would have us do his bidding."

"Well today the day starts at six thirty. If I'm getting up you are too."

"I haven't an article of clothing."

I put the clothes on top of her and she looked at them strangely. I ended up having to show her how each individual piece of clothing went on. I think she picked up the information quickly because after showing her how to tie her laces she managed to tie the other show, even undoing and retying the first shoe.

After grabbing two cereal bars and giving one to Lily we walked out to the TARDIS and I plotted the coordinates to Torchwood HQ. The TARDIS engine whined to life, teleporting us right in front of Torchwood HQ as planned.

Lily and I walked out and went into the building. The man at the front Ricky was listening to the same song that he was listening to the last time I was here.

"Top of the morning Miss Tyler." He said while turning the music down.

"Good morning Ricky." I told him trying to be polite.

I kept walking until I reached Jack's heavily cluttered office. He smiled when the door opened and he saw me.

"Good morning Ros...who is this?" He asked when he saw Lily.

"Jack this is Lily. Lily this is Captain Jack."

Lily looked at her feet and suppressed a small smile. She looked up a little.

"Pleasure to meet you sir."

Jack walked over and kissed her hand. This was making me think I was at a sort of Renaissance fair, then I remembered Jack was probably in the Renaissance at some point.

"Tell me where did you find this beautiful girl?" Jack asked while standing up and returning to his desk.

"1499, we went a touch off course." I told him while sitting down in a chair.

"But good things happened in the end, because you brought back this beautiful flower."

Lily's face was crimson red, it was obvious she was flattered. I remembered that Jack was quite the flirt, I also remember him flirting with anything that moved.

"Thank you." Lily whispered in a quite voice.

"Well then back to business." Jack said while grabbing a file from his desk and giving it to me.

"What's this?" I asked.

"All the information you need to start your search for the good Doctor."

"I thought information came with a price?"

"First one is free Rosie. But don't forget our little deal."

"I won't, thank you so much Jack." I said while giving him a small kiss on the cheek.

"My pleasure Rose. Now run along, that information leads to a trail that is only fresh for a small period of time."

I nodded and we walked out to the TARDIS, our destination, 1930's Manhattan New York
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah the last few days have been erratic. Sorry. AP us history test (got a 90%, be proud of me) and just other crap have diverted me away from writing. So sorry.just do the normal stuff.