I'm Coming Home to You

The Escape

I sat in a rocking chair that resided in the corner of my room. Watching over the man I had found on the beach, he had been stabbed in his side. It was obvious he was seriously wounded, it had taken two changes of bandages to stop the bleeding.

I mused over him, by the fact that he drove a TARDIS and had two hearts, I checked, I could guess he was a Time Lord. If he was a Time Lord then he knew how to operate a TARDIS to an extent. Then he might have been able to help me get back to the real universe I belonged in, back to the Doctor.

This was far fetched of me, because The Doctor was in a parallel universe, and as he explained in order to get here would be to rip a hole in the fabric of reality, and the hole had not been big enough for him to have come and gotten me. But the TARDIS could patch the hole, so my eventual return was highly possible.

I watched as he sweat as if having a terrible dream. I looked at him carefully, he was an old man, I had never heard of an old Time Lord before, his head was bald on top with hair still left on the sides. He had a scar running from the top right of his face to the bottom left of his jaw, he was rather skinny, he looked like he didn't eat often.

His eyes began to open slightly, I could see a little peek of his bloodshot green eyes. He turned and looked at me, he didn't have much time left.

"Child, what's your name?" He asked in the whispering voice of a dying man.

"Rose, Rose Tyler." I responded moving closer to him.

"Rose Tyler I don't have much time left, I crashed into this universe when my TARDIS found the trace of another time traveler that didn't belong here. I can offer you an escape, but you must get me to my TARDIS now before its too late."

The man got out of bed slowly and painfully. I helped him back out to the beach, where the TARDIS had "parked". I opened the doors to see the interior was exactly the same as the Doctor's TARDIS, only this one had a slightly more pink tone to it. The injured Time Lord and I hobbled to the controls. He pushed a few buttons and the TARDIS came to life, I heard its engine hum and felt it take off.

The Time Lord concentrated heavily and a small amount of relief appeared on his face when we made it through the hole and it sealed behind us. He turned and looked at me.

"Rose Tyler, I need one final favor from you." He told me.

"What is it?"

"I need you to absorb me."
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't want to putz around too long in the parallel world. Absorbtion is a thing created entirely on my own, it will be explained in the next chapter.