I'm Coming Home to You

Psychic Paper and Lab Coats

Finished with my meeting with Jack, and my pretty much almost involuntary joining of Torchwood I walked back outside into the less crowded now street. There were still a few spectators but most had gone when the hospital reemerged, writing it off as a cheap movie trick. I walked up to the police line that still stood there, one of the officers stopped me but with the psychic paper and a small amount of charm I was able to bypass them with ease. I was even escorted in by two other police officers.

Once in I looked around, the psychic paper may work with police officers but it had less of a chance with Doctors, the higher intelligence one had the less likely that the paper would work. I noticed a rack with a bunch of Doctors coats on it. I went over and put one on that was close to my size. I silently thanked whoever strategically put these coats here. I looked around quickly to make sure that no one was coming. I walked off when the coast was clear.

I needed to talk to the patients, the doctors that had been there more than likely had been sent home after such a stressful ordeal. I looked around and walked up to a patients room, I knocked on the door and then walked in. I was met by an old elderly man laying in his bed watching T.V.

“Excuse for one second there, I just need to ask a quick question and I’ll be on my way.” I said to him while faking an upper English accent.

“You can lass, after dropping the fake accent there.” He told me with a thick Irish accent.

“Sorry bout that really, I have to fake it with some of the patients here, they put up so much of a fuss that its better if I lead with one.”

“Its okay lass, now the question you wanted to ask me?”

“I was looking for a Doctor, male with brown hair.”

“That’s about the stupidest question one could ask in this place girl.”

“Sorry he isn’t a doctor here, he just goes by the Doctor, he would be wearing a suit of some sort with sneakers.”

“Ah I remember him now, strange fellow, he went off somewhere with one of the interns. A miss Martha Jones if I remember, very sweet and bright young lady.”

I uttered a quick thank you before running out of the room. I went searching for the room called data archives which would hold all the information needed for me to find this Martha Jones. After dodging several doctors and police officers I came to the room I had searching for and tried to open to find it locked. I pulled out my sonic screwdriver but when I did i realized that I did not know how to use it.

Setting 23. A voice whispered in my head.

I switched it to setting 23 and pressed the button. The screwdriver hummed and the door swung open. I uttered a silent thank you and walked in. After scouring the room I found the employee’s files. I opened the drawer labeled F-J and thumbed through until I found the file labeled Jones, Martha. I opened it up and looked to find her address listed. It was suddenly imprinted on my brain as if it had been etched in with a chisel. I must have a photographic memory now since I was a Time Lord, then again I didn’t know all the tricks as I had been one for a complete total of 72 hours.

I closed the door and relocked it after putting the file away. I slipped through the halls and emerged on the street once again, throwing my lab coat on a bench before walking up to my TARDIS and opening the door. I punched in the coordinates that would land me right outside the girls apartment. As my TARDIS phased into the street it picked up trace of another TARDIS before it had disappeared. I ran outside to hear another TARDIS engine slowly get quieter and quieter. I had just missed him, I ran back inside to see if I could pick up on where he was. The TARDIS told me he was heading back to London in the year 1599. I crunched the numbers in and the TARDIS roared to life.

A few moments later I had it parked and I went outside, full of hope, hope I could embrace my Doctor once again. Before I went outside I noticed a small woman's watch, I put it on and it came to life. It told me everything from my biological scans to the time of 1678 Switzerland. I was amazed with this, and the fact that I had not picked this up earlier.

My amazement was broken when I remember why I was there. i threw open the doors to find myself surrounded by knights with spears pointed at me. I looked down at my watch to see that I had traveled back into the past, but to be exact I had traveled to the year 1499. I was 100 years off.

“Seize the witch and bring her back to the castle.” One of the knights said before a club smashed my skull and I was knocked out cold.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello there. Sorry it took me this late to update. But I hope you liked the new chapter and this part should set Rose off enough until she has the potential to rewrite history in the Dalek's in Manhattan story... Wait with bated breath for that one, I have a great idea and I know it will be a good one. Also what do you think of the new layout? last thing chapter 8 won't be updated till like Sunday or Monday, I am at my grandparents house for the weekend and I typically type these things out on my phone and she has no wifi.