Status: Active

After The Storm

4

It was early afternoon when Noah woke up the next day. It was her day off and she was excited to sit at home all day and do nothing. She was due for a day of relaxation. She rolled out of bed and quickly made her way to her bathroom. After taking a quick shower she threw on a pair of sweats and white t-shirt before leaving her bedroom. She peeked into Dakota’s room to see him still sleeping. But when she looked into Maxine’s room she found it unoccupied. Noah laughed to herself before making her way to the kitchen. She made a quick breakfast fro herself and walked to living where she took a seat in the loveseat. She was just getting comfortable when she heard the front door unlock and open. Noah looked over her shoulder and gave her best friend a look over. Maxine had an obvious “I just got laid” look on her face that was accompanied with sex hair. She had her jeans on from the previous night but was now sporting a men’s t-shirt. Noah couldn’t help but notice the smile on Maxine’s face.

“So I’m assuming by your attitude that this isn’t a walk of shame?” Noah asked with a smirk.

Maxine giggled before walking over to the sofa and falling onto it.

“What the fuck? Did you just giggle?” Noah asked with a flabbergasted expression.

“Oh my god, I did.” Maxine said, sitting straight up and laughing. “What is wrong with me?”

“I don’t know.” Noah said, placing her plate on the table and turning to face her friend. “So?”

“So, what?” Maxine replied innocently.

Noah just stared at Maxine blankly, which made the red head girl laugh. Maxine fell back onto the sofa and sighed.

“He was amazing, No. So amazing.”

“Was he now?” Noah said, crossing her legs and taking a sip of her tea.

“Oh my god, yes.” Maxine said turning to lie on her stomach facing Noah. “It’s so weird though, No. I was expecting us to have sex and that be it. You know, like a normal one night stand. I was getting ready to leave and he told me he wanted me to stay. We talked and cuddled all night and he made me breakfast this morning. Listen to me. I sound like some girl from a chick flick.”

Noah laughed and set her tea down. “So, it’s safe to say you like him, yeah?”

“I guess…”

“Well, from what you just told me, he sounds like he’s into you too, Max.” Noah added. “No guy cuddles, makes conversation and offers to make you breakfast the next morning if he doesn’t want to see you again.”

“Yeah, and he did invite us to his game tonight. He’s leaving two tickets at will call for me and you.”

“Wait, he has a game tonight?” Noah asked. “It has to be some kind of rule that he shouldn’t be allowed to drink and get his freak on the night before a game.”

“Well, he didn’t really drink anything last night. But I don’t know about the sex thing. I wasn’t going to stop him though.”

“Yeah, because you’re horny.” Noah said laughing.

Maxine stuck her tongue out at her and looked down at her hands. “So, you think he’s really into me?”

“Let me ask you something.” Noah said “Did you take a cab from his place or did Jordan drive you here?”

“He drove me here.” Maxine said

“He likes you, Max. He definitely likes you.”

“Okay then.” Maxine said shrugging. “So what did you do after I left?”

“Not much. I left right after you.”

“You and Dakota?” She asked.

“No just me. He was still working.”

“You walked home alone?” Maxine said with wide eyes.

“No, Kris Letang walked with me.” Noah said nonchalantly.

“Oh oka- wait, what?” Maxine said smiling. “What happened when he walked you back?”

“Nothing, Max. I’m not horny like you.” Noah said, as Maxine glared back. “We just had a pretty basic conversation and when we got outside the building, we said goodnight and he left. He didn’t even come up. I don’t give out all my goodies the first time I meet someone.”

Maxine threw a pillow at Noah who started laughing. “I don’t give out the first time I meet someone either. I give out the second time I meet someone.”

Noah laughed hysterically as Maxine grinned and walked out the living room and into her bedroom.

Noah stood and walked into the kitchen putting her dishes away when she heard her cell phone ring. She jogged back into the living room and immediately answered her phone.

“Hello?”

“ ‘Ello Noah. This is Vero.”

“Oh, hey Vero. How are you?” Noah said sitting on the arm of the sofa.

”I’m well. How are you?”

“Pretty good. I have the day off work so that’s a plus.”

”Ah, I bet it is. Well, I was wondering if you and Maxine would like to grab some lunch with me. I heard through Marc that you and Maxine might be at the game tonight so I thought we could hang out before. Only if you two are up for it.” Vero said.

“That’s sounds great, actually. You can give us the inside scoop on living in Pittsburgh.” Noah added as she heard Vero laugh.

”I can tell you all the secrets.”

Noah and Vero agreed on a restaurant and a time before ending the phone call. Noah stood and began walking to her bedroom as Maxine walked out the bathroom.

“We’re going to lunch with Vero.” Noah said

“The girl from last night?”

“Yeah, apparently, Jordan was as happy as you were at his practice and talked to Marc-Andre about you. He told Vero. She wants us all to hang out before the game.” Noah finished.

Maxine blushed before gripping the towel that was wrapped around her body.

“And you thought he didn’t like you.”

~~~~~~~~~~

“That’s one thing you have to know about the boys. They gossip like girls.” Vero said, sipping on her lemonade.

“And they have the nerve to call us bad.” Maxine said before taking a bite of her pasta.

“So Noah, what did you and Kris talk about last night when he walked you home?” Vero asked with a smirk.

“Nothing really.”

“Kris is pretty quiet. He’s more of a listener than a talker.” Vero spoke.

“Yeah, I told him he should talk more,” Noah began “and that he has a beautiful accent.”

Vero and Maxine laughed out loud before Vero spoke again.

“Did he blush?”

“Yes! It was so adorable.” Noah said smiling.

“He doesn’t take compliments well. That boy is too modest.” Vero said.

“I said the same thing. I told him he should speak his mind more.”

“Are you sure you weren’t flirting with him?” Maxine said smirking.

“Behave.” Noah said making Vero laugh and Maxine roll her eyes. “Anyway he’s a nice guy.”

“Yeah, he is. I really like Kris. Him and Marc are very close. I guess, it’s because they are both from Quebec.” Vero said

“I could never live there. Those accents would be the death of me.” Noah said, fanning herself.

Maxine and Vero chuckled again.

“Where do you typically sit at games Vero?” Maxine asked.

“Well, most of the time I sit with the WAG’s.”

“WAG’s?” Maxine repeated.

“Wives and girlfriends. There is an area where family, wives, children and girlfriends of the players sit.”

“Aww. That means we can’t sit by you tonight. That’s a bummer.” Noah said.

“Actually, I am sitting by you two. There are specific seats that the boys can reserve for people. Jordan asked me this morning if I would sit with you tonight.” Vero replied.

“Well, that’s great.” Maxine spoke as Noah nodded and smiled.

“We will have fun tonight, girls.”

~~~~~~~~~

Noah, Maxine and Vero sat in their seats at the CONSOL Energy Center. It was three minutes left in the third period and excitement was in the air. Even though it was pre season, the Pittsburgh Penguins were beating the Chicago Blackhawks 4-1 and the people of Pittsburgh were buzzing. Noah and Maxine were having a great time with Vero at the game and they both were very glad they decided to go. The final seconds of the game ran out and the building exploded with yells and screams as everyone began celebrating the Penguins win.

“Well, I guess we should head home.” Maxine said grabbing her purse from the seat.

“Oh, nonsense. I’m under strict order by Jordan to bring you guys down to see him. Come with me.” Vero said.

Noah and Maxine followed Vero throughout the building and down to where the locker rooms were. Vero exchanged a few words with a security guard and they quickly were let by. The three girls approached a door and immediately heard loud voices.

“Well, they’re all obviously in good moods.” Noah said, making Maxine and Vero laugh. Vero raised her arm and knocked on the door. They stood outside silently for a few seconds before the door opened and a pair of blue eyes stared back out at them.

“Good game Staalsy. You were great out there.” Vero said with a warm smile.

“If I didn’t know any better I’d say you were showing off for someone.” Noah spoke out with a smirk. “Were you?”

Jordan laughed loudly before looking from Maxine, who was blushing, to Noah. “We’re going to get along great, Noah.”

“I’m sure we will Jordan.”

“Can you guys just hang out here for a second? Everyone is either showering or being interviewed.” He told us.

“Yeah, that’s fine. I was just doing my job.” Vero replied.

“Thanks for that Vero. I’ll see you guys in a few minutes.”

Jordan disappeared behind the doors and the girls leaned up against the wall.

“Max, you looked like a hot tamale just a second ago.” Noah said laughing.

“Well, maybe if you hadn’t embarrassed me I wouldn’t have blushed.” Maxine mumbled

“Maybe if you weren’t acting like such a girl you wouldn't have been so embarrassed. Who are you and what have you done with my loud and crude best friend?” Noah asked.

“Oh, whatever.”

The girls waited outside of the locker room as other wives, children and girlfriends of players began to gather in the hall. A couple of minutes passed and the doors opened as guys began walking out. One of the first was Marc-Andre who immediately walked over to Vero, giving her a hug and a kiss.

“Ladies, it’s good to see you again.” He said smiling ad Noah and Maxine.

“You too. I wish we could’ve seen you play today.” Noah said.

“Maybe next game.” Marc-Andre said with a smile.

“The only reason you should come to our games is to see me.” The group of four rolled their eyes as Jordan walked up to them.

“Someone’s a little full of himself…” Noah stated.

“I have good reason.” Jordan said smirking.

Noah chuckled and looked around the hallway. She looked to the right and saw Kris and Geno talking to each other.

“I’ll be right back.” Noah said before walking over to the two guys.

“Good game guys.”

They turned to look at her and smiled.

“Noah.” Geno said pulling her into a hug. “You like game?”

“I did. I’ll admit it, you guys played well.” Noah said. “I wanted to see you score Geno.”

“I score next game. You see.” He spoke.

“I’ll make sure I’m watching at home.”

“You’re not coming to the game?” Kris asked.

“I don’t have a ticket. I promise I’ll watch it though.” Noah promised.

“I get you ticket.” Geno said. “Give me your phone number.”

Geno handed Noah his cell phone and she quickly typed in her number. She handed him his phone back and smiled at him.

“Thanks Geno. I’m going to have to repay you though. No matter what you say.”

“Okay.” Geno said smiling. “I leave now. Bye Noah. Bye Tanger.”

“See ya.” Noah said and Kris nodded before Geno walked away. “Well, I should probably go too.”

“Did you come with your friend?” Kris asked, looking behind her.

“Yeah.”

“Where is she?” He asked.

Noah turned and looked back at the wall where she left her friend and saw that the space was empty. Her eyes widened as she looked around the hallway, searching for her best friend. Noah looked into her purse, pulled out her phone and saw that she had a text message.

So…yeah, I’m going to Jordan’s. Don’t be mad I left you. Kris can give you a ride. ;)

“Oh my god.” Noah said, running her fingers through her hair.

“Did she leave with Jordan again?” Kris said smirking.

Noah nodded and Kris laughed before tightening his grip on his bag. “Come on. I’ll take you home.”

“No, Kris. I can take a cab. Really. You don’t have to take me.” Noah argued.

Kris held up his hand and looked down at the girl.

“It’s okay, Noah. Come on.”

Noah and Kris walked silently out of the building and to his car. They both got in and Kris started his car before pulling out of the parking lot.

“Do you remember how to get to my apartment?”

“I think I remember.” Kris said.

The entire ride consisted of a comfortable silence. Noah took the time to check out the city of Pittsburgh and how beautiful it is at night.

“You like what you see?”

Noah looked over at Kris, who glanced at her before looking back at the road.

“I honestly believe that New York City is the best city is the U.S. I know that I might be bias because I was born there but I honestly believe that. But Pittsburgh, it might be second on that list.” Noah said smiling as she looked out of the window. “I wish I had someone to take me on a night tour of the city. I’d love that.”

A few more minutes passed and Kris pulled up in front of Noah’s apartment building.

“Thank you for bring me home Kris. Whenever Max is done bumping uglies with your teammate I’ll beat her up for abandoning me twice.”

Kris laughed out loud which made Noah smile. “Okay, well, I’ll see you around Kris.”

Noah opened the door and was half way out of the door when Kris spoke, “I can show you around.”

Noah looked back at him with a shocked expression.

“I mean, if you really want to see the city, I can show you.” Kris asked, looking Noah in the eyes.

When she looked back at him she saw a mixture of confidence and hopefulness swirling in his brown eyes. She smiled and nodded.

“I’d like that.” Noah said with a smile. “Can I see your phone?”

Kris pulled out his cell phone and handed it to Noah. She quickly typed in her number and handed the phone back to Kris.

“Whenever you’re free, just give me a call.” Noah said.

Kris quickly before speaking, “I will.”
Noah gently closed the door and walked towards the entrance of her apartment building. She turned and waved at Kris. He returned the wave and drove away as she walked into the building. When Noah walked into her apartment she immediately saw Dakota lying on the couch watching television.

“Hey sis.” Dakota said.

“Hey. Did Max come by here?” Noah asked kicking off her shoes.

“No, but she called and told me to tell you that she wants all the details of whatever happened between you and Kris Letang tomorrow.” Dakota spoke looking back at his sister. “Do I have to call dad or Shay?”

“Oh please.”

Noah began walking back to her bedroom when she heard Dakota yell, “You better not be having sex! If I’m not getting any, neither can you!”

Noah chuckled to herself before yelling back.

“Your hand can be your best friend, Dakota!”

Noah closed her bedroom door before walking over to her bed and falling onto it. She placed her phone on her nightstand as she stood to change her clothes. Her phoned buzzed and she picked it up, noticed a number she didn’t recognized. She opened the message and smiled wide when she read it.

It’s Kris. I look forward to seeing you again.

Noah quickly typed out a message and pressed send.

Same here. Goodnight Kris.

A few seconds later, her phone buzzed again.

Goodnight Noah.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is another update. I really want you guys to comment and let me know what you think of this story. When I don't get comments, it makes me think that no one like this and I lose motivation to write. So just leave a few of words telling me what you think, what you want to see, what you think is going to happen, anything really. I just want to hear from all of you reading. :)