Status: Active

Natalie's Room

Leaving is a New Beginning

“John, I need to talk to you.” Danielle said as she held Marissa’s journal in her arms.
‘What’s this?” Danielle handed over Marissa’s journal to John.
“Everything you need to know.” Danielle walked toward the door and opened it “let’s go home.”

As soon as John and Danielle arrived at John’s house, John started reading the journal that Danielle gave him earlier. His heart crimpled when he turned it’s pages. He thought of himself that he was being so careless and stupid over these past few years.

“I already booked a flight, we’re going back to new York tomorrow morning.” Danielle said as he poked John’s shoulder and closed Marissa’s journal that he was holding.
“It’s okay John, it’s over now. You don’t have to feel guilty about this. It’s not your fault, we both lost Natalie and now we lost Marissa as well. Marissa is so stupid, I hate her..” Danielle started to tear up as John embraced her in his arms. “Don’t cry..yes, it’s over. Marissa is stupid, I know.. and I let her down too without even knowing it I guess that makes me stupid too. But it’s over right? Let’s look on the Brightside now. Natalie could rest in peace.” John said.

As the morning greeted Tanner and Anna was getting ready to pick John and Danielle on the airport, they both were getting really anxious in what John and Danielle might deliver to them about Natalie, Marissa and their past. The clock strikes 10am as they decided to make their way to the airport.

Meanwhile on the other side John and Danielle felt slightly relieved after they found out about the truth, no more secret and enough pain they were going through. As John locked his apartment they made their way to the airport, and thought of themselves that it’s time to move on and locked away the painful past. They also brought Marissa’s journal, they wanted to show it to Tanner and Anna because they are part of their lives as well now. They made their way to the airport with no regret.

“Over here!” Anna waved her hand as she found John and Danielle.
“Hey guys, how’s everything here?” John said as he gave Anna a warm hug.
“The real question is how’s everything with you guys?” Tanner said as Danielle smiled and said “let’s grab lunch together, we have so many to tell.”

They finally reached their favorite diner near St. Francis medical center, Anna and Tanner are dying to know what was going on and what they have found in Boston as John started to talk about everything and Danielle handed Marissa’s journal to Tanner.
“Stupid Marissa.” Anna started sobbing as she opened it’s pages and read them with Tanner, Tanner, on the other hand was unbelievably shocked after he read everything in Marissa’s journal. This was definitely a new experience for Tanner, this was a life lesson that he would never forget.

As the night comes, Tanner’s mind was filled with Danielle. Earlier today after lunch Tanner drove Danielle to her apartment and he could see how vulnerable she was even though she kept on telling him that she’s relieved to finally figured out everything she needed to know about Natalie. Tanner couldn’t lie to himself that he felt somehow attached to Danielle after he spent a lot of time with her in the past few months. He was contemplating on what Danielle was doing when Anna entered his room saying that she’s going home with John.
“Wait, with John? What’s going on with you two?” Tanner teased as Anna blushed like mad.
“Nothing, how about you with Danielle anyway? I know that look everytime I see you starring at her.” Anna teased back as they both chuckled.
“Be careful, okay?”
“Well, you can kill John if I’m not here in one piece by tomorrow morning.” Anna smiled as she went home.
Tanner was finally done with his practice and he wanted to grab a cup of coffee in his favorite café. When he was about to order she found Danielle sitting a few chairs from him. After he ordered his cup of coffee he made his way to Danielle.
“What are you doing here?” Tanner asked as Danielle let him sit acrossed her.
“I like the coffee, and… I’m… I feel kinda lonely being alone on that apartment.” Danielle said as she took a sip of his coffee.
“Hey, why don’t you stay at my place tonight?” Tanner offered.
“What? Your girlfriend would kill me. No way, dude.” Danielle refused as Tanner laughed.
“Girlfriend? For someone like me to have a girlfriend would be quiet a surprise.”
“Hey, you’re a doctor who work at the famous St. Francis medical center. Every girl wants you!” Danielle added.
“But I only want one girl to come home with me tonight and she happens to be sitting across my seat right now.” An awkward silence came between them before a loud laughter engulfed them.
“Pretty nice move, doctor.” Danielle said, still laughing.
“Are you in?” Tanner stood up as he offered his hand for Danielle to reach.
“I’m in.” Danielle lit a smile and reached Tanner’s hand as they both made their way to Tanner’s car.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am deeply sorry for taking too damn long to update, i've been really busy. So, here's the last chapter. Not really the last though, i'm going to write an epilogue for it. I hope you guys like it!