You Give Love a Bad Name

Mikey

I was still grinning like a complete idiot when Frank pulled me to the door leading out of the living room.

I seriously couldn't believe that this nightmare was over and I had my main best friend back. Don't get me wrong, Cara and Laurie were amazing, but Frank knew me the longest, and it was just...well, different with him. He could read me like an open book, something that both Cara and Laurie still had a hard time doing due to my, as much as I hated to admit, complex personality.

"Ready?" Frank asked, spinning around to face me somewhat nervously, his smile never brighter or more pure, as we stopped in front of the kitchen door, where I presumed everyone was.

"You're making it sound like we're about to tell them that we're getting married or something," I joked, finding his nervousness amusing.

Frank looked thoughtful for a few seconds, scratching his chin with his free hand. "Actually...that's not a bad idea."

"What? Us getting married?" I asked him with surprise, my eyes growing wider as I stared at Frank in shock. He burst out laughing at the look on my face, bighting on his lip to hide his growing smirk.

"No. I was talking about us saying that. Just to mess them up a bit. Although you can always hit me up whenever we're in Vegas, I wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life with you," he said with a teasing smile. "You're stuck with me for life anyway, so it's not like marriage would make much of a difference."

"Thanks, Frank," I said with fake sarcasm, weirdly feeling flattered because of what he just told me. "Because getting married in Vegas is every girl's dream."

He laughed, poking me in the ribs. "But do you think they'd really go for it?"

"Bob would. Maybe Ray. I dunno about Gerard, Mikey, Laurie and Cara, though," I replied, thinking that Bob would believe anything as long as the person would say it with a honest face, and feeling somewhat guilty as I remembered the whole Gerard The Vampire incident.

"Well, I'm going to find out," he shot me a smile, pushing the kitchen door open and walking in with me in tow. "But not today. Too much shock can break Bob's little heart, which would result in us having to find another drummer."

"I love how you put your friends first, Iero," I rolled my eyes mockingly.

The scene that met my met my eyes as soon as I entered the kitchen almost made me laugh. Gerard, Mikey, Bob, Ray, Jake, and surprisingly Laurie and Cara, were scattered around the kitchen with somewhat lost look on their faces, looking like they were the people you see in the hospital who are waiting for the doctor to come out and tell them a healthy baby was born.

"Finally!" Laurie jumped off the kitchen chair with a relived expression, as Frank dropped my hand so he could go to the refrigerator. "You were gone for so long, that I thought you killed Frank and were in the proses of hiding his body."

"Wait," I stopped her with a confused expression, Cara walking up to me as well. "When did you guys get here?"

"Gerard called us up and said that you would need us for either for kicking Frank's ass, or, and I quote, 'do that girly gossping shit you guys do whenever something good happens'," Cara replied, the last part causing me to flip Gerard off.

"I'm not the one who talks on the phone for hours, asshole," I informed him smugly. "Who do you talk to anyway, GerBear? Ray? I know that finally getting together with him makes you insanely happy, but God!"

"Go to hell," Ray and Gerard said simultaneously, shooting me identical glares.

"I don't swing that way," Ray added, crossing his arms.

"But Gerard does," Frank laughed, closing the fridge and coming to stand by my side with a soda in his hand.

"Hello everyone, my name is Frank Iero, and I'm in AAA; American Asshole Association," Gerard retorted heatedly, causing Frank to make a face at him.

"I take it that you guys made up?" Jake asked us, as Gerard continued to look mutinous.

"Yep," Frank replied, throwing his free arm around my shoulders, "everything's all good and it's staying that way."

"Well that's a relief," Bob spoke for the first time from the kitchen counter, where he was currently sitting. "To tell you the truth, it sounded like you and Frank were going to finish each other off, that's how loud you guys were being. Mikey even wanted to go and make sure that everything was alright. Well obviously not alright, but at least check that both of you were still alive."

I shot Mikey, who was leaning against the wall, a grateful look, feeling thankful that I had such an amazing brother who was willing to go into a room where his best friend and little sister were at each other's throats, just to make sure nobody was getting hurt. And by nobody I meant Frank. Seeing that he would never hit a girl, no matter how drunk, pissed off, or just plain tempted he might feel to do it.

"Thanks, Mikey," I smiled at my brother, who gave me two thumbs up in return.

But then my heart rate started to quicken as I realized something with what felt like an unpleasantly sickening drop to my stomach.

Bob said Frank and I were loud, which was of course understandable under the circumstances that it was our biggest fight to date. But that's not what made me panic, though.

How much and what had everyone heard through the kitchen wall?

Only four people knew what happened to me on that dreadful Prom night, and they were right here in this room; Gerard, Mikey, myself, and now Frank.

And I hoped to God it stayed that way...