You Give Love a Bad Name

Bets

"Uh," I started nervously, scanning the room until my eyes connected with Gerard and Mikey's, who were looking at me with realization plastered on their faces, obviously understanding the sudden change in my attitude. "What did you guys hear exactly?"

Bob looked thoughtful, as Jake opened his mouth to speak. "Just the word fuck. A lot."

I sighed in relief, a smile creeping onto my face as Frank laughed besides me.

"Something about you being stupid, too. Aside from that, it was all scattered mumbling," Cara added as she picked up her jacket from a nearby chair. "Hey, dude, I would love to stay and discuss your's and Frankie-boy's happy reunion here, but I have to go. I told Mom I'd be back in twenty, and that was an hour ago. Call me, so we can do some of that 'girly gossping shit' that apparently we do 'whenever something good happens', yeah? Just make sure you get the phone before Geetard. Or else he'll stay up all night, frolicking with Sugar Ray."

"I'm not gay!" Ray growled, shooting daggers at a smug looking Cara.

"And neither am I!" Gerard crossed his arms with a feminine pout, which was not helping his situation at all.

"I'll see you in school then," Cara nodded her goodbyes at me, Bob, Mikey, Frank, and Jake, completely ignoring Ray and my oldest brother. "Bye everyone!"

"Wait!" Jake shot up and started to walk meekly after Cara, as she made her way through the kitchen door. "It's dark outside. I'll walk you home."

We waited after the sound of the front door being closed met our ears to release our laughter.

"Oh man," Bob gasped, slapping his knee, as his face turned slightly pink. "Did you see Jake? 'I'll walk you home, Cara dearest!'"

"Yeah, he definitely has a thing for her," Mikey agreed, grinning slightly.

"How long do you think it's going to take till they're an item?" Ray asked, rubbing his hands together for some odd reason, causing me to raise my left eyebrow at him in question.

"Two weeks," Gerard nodded knowingly, a slow smirk spreading across his pale face.

"I BET $5 ON ONE WEEK!" Frank hollered next to my ear, causing me to jump back and wince in pain.

Well, I guess I got my answer. In a painful sort of way...

"Dammit! Frank, you douche," I groaned, rubbing my ear.

"Sowwy," he shot me one of his apologetic smiles that could seriously melt an iceberg. A big iceberg.

"$10 that Frank and Gerard get together in three days," Bob exclaimed gleefully. "Frank's already got the faerie talk down perfectly. And Gerard looks like Lena, minus the boobs."

"Hey, if the whole Frerard thing doesn't work out, Frank, there's always Lena; the female version of the man you desire," Ray said slyly, causing Mikey, Bob and Laurie to erupt into laughter.

"Fuck you!" Gerard, Frank and I yelled at the same time, not at all amused, only making those four morons laugh even harder and louder.

"Well, I'm gonna go," Laurie suddenly hopped off the counter, as Bob shifted besides her. "I need to read a book for Rutgers that I got assigned over the summer. I only have ten pages or so left until I'm done, so I might as well finish it today."

"Oh, okay," I smiled warmly at her, as she came in for a hug.

"Call me? We'll have a three way with Cara, so we can discuss Geetard and Pansy Boy's masculinity. Or the lack off, to be exact," she smirked, as Gerard and Frank opened their mouths to complain.

"This sucks. You never pick on Mikey," Frank grumbled, as the boy in question shot Frank a look of pure triumph.

"Yeah!" Gerard pouted for the second time this evening, mimicking Frank's stance.

"A) It's because he has a brain and you don't. B) Gerard you're acting gay again," Laurie grabbed her car keys from her jean's pocket and twirled the keychain part on her index finger, walking out the kitchen door. "Later, loves."

"Bitch!" Gerard yelled after her, as we heard the front door slam in response.