You Give Love a Bad Name

Bubble Girl

It was two hours after Jake, Cara and Laurie left, about an hour after Bob and Ray followed, and thirty minutes since Mom came home from work.

Of course working on the poster was out of the question since Jake followed Cara out like a lost puppy, and besides, Mikey, Frank and I wanted to do it as a group. Plus it was getting late anyway.

Currently I sat on the couch in our basement, watching Gerard, Mikey and Frank acting like idiots over video games. Well, arguing over the current status of the Video Champion more like it, seeing as Mikey was accusing Frank of cheating during the last Super Smash Brothers tournament. This went on for about fifteen minutes now, and I did the reasonable and safe thing, I simply let them go at each other as I watched from afar, after being hit square in the face by a pillow, courtesy of Gerard, then Mikey, followed by Frank, when I tried to help them resolve the issue.

"Dude! You so cheated! I saw you!" Mikey yelled, waving the remote at Frank's face in frustration.

"Did not! How the hell can you cheat at this game anyway?" Frank argued back, skillfully dodging Mikey's shoe that my kind brother threw at him.

"Okay, okay," Gerard raised his hands, causing all attention to be turned on him, "how about you do rock, paper, scissors, so I can play the fucking winner already?"

I rolled my eyes, taking a sip of my Root Beer.

Was just me, or those guys got more immature with every hour?

"But I won!" Frank and Mikey whined at the same time, glaring at each other.

"Oh grow up! Before I decide to play," I grumbled from the couch, ducking as a stuffed Batman toy, another shoe, and a comic book flew at me.

No it wasn't just me...

Not caring that I was the shortest person in the room [like my kind brothers and friends liked to point out at least two times a day], I was about to put down my soda and go kick some major ass, but was stopped when the four of us heard something we've been waiting for at least one hour now.

"Mikey! Lena! Gerard! Frank! Dinner time!" Came Mom's voice from upstairs suddenly.

"Uh," Gerard groaned happily, starting to follow Mikey up and out of the basement, "food! Finally!"

"Fatty's right, I'm kinda hungry," Frank said with a smirk, dropping his controller and standing up.

"I heard that, you asshole," Gerard yelled from somewhere above, followed by Mikey's laughter.

Frank grinned childishly at me, as I tried to contain my own smile, but my Mom's angry voice telling Gerard off, was making it kind off hard to do.

"Gerard Arthur Way, I should wash your mouth out with soap! Keep your language clean in this house, boy."

"Sorry, Mom," came Gerard's timid reply from above, and I could almost see him hanging his head in shame, like he always did when he got embarrassed.

Frank sniggered and extended his hand, to help me up. "A college kid being told off by his Mom? That just made my day. No scratch that, my week."

"You know that Gerard's going to get you back for this, right?" I asked with amusement, shooting him a grateful look as I grabbed his hand. When I was on my feet, I groaned, rubbing my side slowly, seeing as it fell asleep.

"Yeah, but you and I are going to get him back ten times worse," Frank called over his shoulder, already thundering up the stairs. "Coming, O Partner In Crime?"

"Yeah, in a minute," I replied smiling and thinking that I'd stretch a little, so I could get rid of the cramp that was forming in my side before I would join everyone upstairs.

"Okay dokay, artichokey," came my best friend's incredibly mature reply.

I watched as Frank made his way up the stairs, lost in thought and feeling thankful that I had amazing brothers that I could actually stand to be around of, friends that always had my back, and three best friends that I loved like no other. Plus my parents were still together, which you couldn't find that much nowadays.

Surprisingly, the cramp went away after I took a few steps around the room, just proving that today was one of those amazing and rare days when practically everything went your way. I mean, come on, my first day of school didn't suck, I had a few friends in each of my classes so far, my closest best friend was talking to me again after three months of awkward and angry silence, we've found out that Jake liked Cara who had a crush on him for months now, and to top all of that off, my cramp, which usually lasted for about ten minutes, went away in a matter of seconds.

You're a lucky kid, Lena, I thought to myself smiling, walking up the stairs slowly, Frank's retreating back in front of me, as I stared at it absentmindedly.

I wonder if any of my friends will be in the remaining four classes I have? That would be so awesome, random thoughts like that swirled in my head, as I almost tripped on a step.

Way to go Lena, you goddamn idiot. Fall right onto Frank, why don't you?

Hahaha, I got my first and last name in the same sentence!

Speaking of Frank, can his pants get any tighter? I swear, every time I see him, they shrink a size!

*cough*
Manwhore *cough*.

I like the color though, I wonder where he got them?

Maybe I should ask...

Yeah, so he can accuse you of staring at his ass, idiot?

Well, he
does have a nice ass, though...

I gasped and stopped dead in my tracks, almost falling down the stairs in shock, as I realized what thought just ran through my head.

Eww.

I did
not just think that.

No, I mean
Ewwww.

"Hellooooo! Earth to Lena," I woke up from my daze, shuddering slightly, to find Frank's hand waving in my face enthusiastically, his nose millimeters from my own. "You look like you you've just seen a ghost. Or maybe it was Ray and your dear brother making out in some dark corner?"

I smirked and pushed his hand away, stepping back a step. "You're in my bubble, Iero."

He raised an eyebrow. "What are you? Bubble Girl?"

I scrunched up my nose, sticking my tongue out at him. "Depends on who's asking."

Frank rolled his eyes, laughing. "That didn't even make any sense. Anyway, come on! I'm starving."

With that, he grabbed my hand, and started to drag me towards the kitchen.