You Give Love a Bad Name

The Dream

He moved closer to my slightly trembling body. So close that I could see my reflection in his hazel eyes.

"Do I make you nervous?" He asked in a whisper.

It was a 'Yes' or 'No' question. He didn't ask for an explanation. But I couldn't answer. I couldn't answer him for the fear that if I opened my mouth, all my thoughts and feelings would come spilling out, forming sentences that I would regret later on.

He continued to stare at me, his eyes dancing with fire. I felt so vulnerable, so transparent. It was like he was undressing me off any feelings that I ever felt with his eyes , trying to see what I was feeling right now. Peeling off and demolishing every barrier that I ever put up to protect myself.

I tried to step back to get away from his questioning eyes, but my back met the smooth surface of a wall. Cliche. Like right out of some cheesy teen movie.

"Well do I?" He asked me once again, closing the space between us so that our faces were millimeters apart.

I shifted my gaze to the ground, focusing on the marble floor. I could feel his breath on my cheek. I felt like I was about to faint.

Then I felt numb.

I lifted my face up to face his, so I could finally tell him the truth. That I liked him more than just a friend. That my feelings of friendship slowly turned romantic after many years of knowing him. After many years of being his best friend.

"Frank...I..." I stammered in a voice that was barely audible.

I was about to tell him that I was
in love with him, but I was scared shitless to actually say those three damn words aloud.

What if he didn't return my feelings? Or even worse, what if he would freak out and severe all ties with me? He was my Oxygen,
I needed him to survive...

But as I looked into his eyes once more, my voice failed me. He was looking at me like I always dreamed he would. His eyes told me that whatever I felt for him, he felt for me.

We didn't have to say anything else as his lips crashed onto mine.


My eyes shot open, as I sat up on the bed and took in the familiar surroundings of my room.

It was a dream. It was weird, unreal, and screwed up, but it was a dream never less.

Why I dreamed that I was in love with Frank Iero, I did not know. True, we used to be best friends three months ago, but that was before he turned into a total asshole with an ego the size of Russia, and broke our friendship off with no explanation whatsoever .

Arrogant, self-centered, and thinks he can get any girl, anytime, anywhere; is what you would get if you looked up Frank Iero in a dictionary.

Nowdays, the only reason I put up with him was because we shared the same close friends; Bob Bryar, Ray Toro, Laurie Jones, my best friend Cara Smith, and my brothers Mikey and Gerard Way, so naturally there was no way to avoid him.

I sighed and started to walk towards the bathroom so I could take a shower seeing as it was 10:39 AM, but stopped when I heard a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" I asked grabbing my spare change of clothes.

"Mikey," I heard someone grumble.

I opened the door to see one of my brothers, who was older than me by a year, fully dressed, but with a sleepy expression on his face.

"Sup?" I asked brightly.

"Nice PJs, Lena," he smirked, eyeing my unicorn pajamas with sarcasm.

I was about to answer back with a witty remark, but stopped when I saw my other brother's bedroom door open, and Gerard, Bob, Ray, and Laurie come out. The chatter stopped as they caught sight of me at one of my best moments.

Yeah right...

My black hair looked like twenty birds nested there, had babies, and then multiplied by a million. Plus the smudged eyeliner under my green eyes totally added to the whole Hobo effect. I'm not talking about 'Smoky' smudged, 'Sexy' smudged, or even 'Rockstar' smudged. I'm talking about 'I just woke up after full night of booze and partying' smudged.

Even thought I didn't.

Yesterday I spent whole the day watching nice, gory horror flicks till two in the morning with Gerard and Mikey.

Maybe that's why I couldn't fall asleep till dawn.

"Aww, my baby sister!" Gerard squealed suddenly with an evil smile, coming over to pinch me on the cheek. "Doesn't she looked cute in her amazing PJs?"

The last part made everyone laugh. Blood or no blood, sometimes Gerard could be a pain in the ass.

I smiled grimly.

"It's pretty sunny today GerBear," I smirked, knowing the nickname I gave him when I was seven embarrassed him to a pretty high level. "Shouldn't you be in your coffin sleeping till midnight? So you can go and do your Vampiric activities afterwards nice and refreshed?"

He muttered something inaudible, glaring in my direction, as everyone roared with laughter, and went to sulk downstairs.

"That was a good one!" Bob high fived me. "I think that was the best Gee joke made since like...," he stopped to think, "uh, ever!"

I looked at him solemnly. "What makes you think I was joking?"

"But...But..."

"Mikey and I tried to keep it a secret, but I think it's time you knew." I grinned at him. "I mean, it's only fair to you and your blood, Bob."

"She's right," Mikey told Bob in a quiet voice, catching on. "I would have told you this sooner, but he's my bro. But because of the way he is looking at you lately...hungrily...I think a warning should be issued..."

Laurie and Ray were silently shaking with laughter behind pale Bob, but stopped as he turned towards them slowly.

"Ray...," he whispered, "is this...Is this true?"

Ray swallowed a laugh. "Yeah." And than added with an impressively straight face. "I would have told you, but I know how you get with all that supernatural stuff."

Bob gulped and spotted Laurie. In a flash he was by her side, clinging to her arm.

"Don't leave me Laurie! Especially not downstairs!" He begged her with desperation in his voice.

Oh man, I thought to myself with a grin, he actually bought all that Gerard being a vampire bullshit. But than again, he is so gullible.

Plus who could blame him? Gerard was kinda strange...

I exchanged a look with Mikey, who was staring at Bob with amusement.

"Why not downstairs?" Laurie asked with interest, trying to console frightened Bob.

He looked at her with fear in his eyes, "Gerard."

I smiled as I watched both of them go downstairs.

"That was amazing!" Mikey cried, giving me a hug, and a special handshake that only we knew.

I chuckled. "I kinda feel bad now. I wonder how long it will take Gee to realize that Bob changed around him."

"Probably not till Bob starts wearing a garlic clove necklace," Mikey replied with an evil smile.