You Give Love a Bad Name

Gay Batman

It was half past nine, and I was drunk. Really drunk. Although I was not in that state where I would be in a complete oblivion of the outcome of Laurie's party the next morning, I was intoxicated enough to do stupid things while being fully aware of it.

The people around me weren't doing that well either; Gerard was completely and utterly smashed as he talked animatedly with dazed looking Frank and Bob about superheroes. Cara and Jake were somewhere unknown, most likely making out seeing that they had gotten awfully cozy for the past couple of hours.

Apparently love was in the air, because Mikey and Melanie, who came twenty minutes after our phone call, just like she promised, were outside, in our backyard, both of them sporting huge smiles and discussing some horror movie that they both liked. Myself, I was sitting on the comfortable couch with Ray, surveying the room and talking about absolutely anything that came to mind.

"So how's your new job been treating you, Toro?" I asked my companion after having enough of watching the heated debate 'which superheroe is better' that was currently going on between Gerard, Frank and Bob.

Ray looked away from the direction where infuriated Bob, who stood up, swaying from having too much alcohol, was trying to poke outraged looking Frank in the chest, "Pretty good actually. They gave me a day off, seeing that Laurie is leaving and everything."

I nodded, feeling incredibly warm and happy inside, despite the fact that today would be one of the last days I would see one of my best for a very long time.

Last week, Ray had gotten a job at Guitar Planet, a small, family owned, guitar shop that was located about a ten minutes of drive from his house. He was very ecstatic about the whole thing, seeing that his goal was to 'run free' for a year and only then start college. According to him, that way he would have more money and would be well rested for next year, when he would finally continue his education.

"So, do you get discounts?" I set down my beer, suddenly feeling nauseous. I guess you could only get away with drinking for so much before it finally caught up and bit you in the ass.

Ray smiled. "Yeah, it's pretty swe-"

"WELL, FUCK YOU, THEN!!"

Ray and I turned around in shock to see Frank storming across the room, rage evident in his body movements and expression, away from Bob and Gerard who wore gleeful and triumphant smirks on their faces.

"Frank, wha-"

"Lena! Bob, he-he..." Frank slurred, trailing off as he jumped on the couch, eloping me in a bear hug, which resulted in half of the air being squeezed from my lungs.

I patted Franks shoulder awkwardly as he buried his face deeper in the crook of my neck, obviously wasted. That was one of the things about Frank that I envied; he was a happy drunk.

"What did he say?" I asked Frank curiously, catching Ray's eye and smiling sheepishly.

"He said that Batman is gay," Frank whispered, sighing contentedly in my hair. "You smell good."

"Uh," I felt my cheeks growing hot at the compliment. I was never good with them. "Thanks, but I agree with Gerard. Any guy that wears tights is gay. In my book, anyway."

I felt Frank's muscles clench as he slowly brought his face to meet mine, and I could see his hazel eyes narrowing with every second. "I wear tight pants, Lena, do you think I'm gay?"

"Yeah, pants, not tights," I protested as he studied me with suspicion.

"Might as well be," I heard Ray mumble as he took a swig of beer from my bottle. "Frank shouldn't be let out of the house without a cencering bar."

"GERARD! YOUR BOYFRIEND HAS BEEN CHECKING ME OUT AGAIN," Frank bellowed, turning to look at my oldest brother who was now talking with Mikey and Melanie near the bookcase.

"FUCK YOU," was the response from Gerard and Ray.

"Ahm."

Everyone in the room turned around to see Cara and Jake, Jake's hand around her waist, both of them looking flushed and extremely happy.

"I have an idea," Cara offered, giggling slightly. "You know what game we haven't played in a long time?"

All of us shook our heads like we were hypnotized.

"Truth or dare," Jake finished with an evil smile.

"YES!" Frank started to hug me enthusiastically, grinning like a complete moron. "I love that game!"

I groaned and pushed him away. Playing that with my friends was never a good idea.