You Give Love a Bad Name

Truth or Dare

"I'm not playing," I said, standing up. "If I am, I'm the referee."

Everyone stopped what they were doing and turned to look at me grudgingly.

"Why the hell not?" Gerard asked me finally with malice in his eyes.

"Oh, I dunno," I rolled my eyes sarcastically, putting my hands on my hips, "maybe it has something to do with you and Bob locking me in the bathroom for two hours, last time we played?"

Bob raised both of his hands up in defense. "Hey, we had a reason. That's what you get if you refuse to do a dare."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "I was not going to make out with Cara for your own sick, twisted pleasure, Bryar."

Ray snorted beside me, but quickly disguised it as a cough when Cara shot him a death glare.

"You think it's funny, Toro?" I accused him as Frank's grip on me tightened. "Well, fine. I'm playing. But you better watch out. You, Gerard and Bob. Because if things go as planed, I'm daring the three of you to have an orgy, and if you don't, I'm locking all of you outside. Naked."

"Uh, maybe we should play something else?" Gerard suggested, over Cara, Jake, Melanie, Frank and Mikey's laughter, his eyes growing wide with alarm. He knew that I meant what I said. "I seriously don't feel like streaking and getting arrested for indecent exposure today. Any day, actually."

"Oh no, mister," Laurie smirked gleefully. "We are so playing now that I know Lena's intentions."

"Uh," I looked around the circle, picking out my next victim. Unfortunately for Mikey, he wasn't quick enough to look away. "Mikey, truth or dare?"

It was ten minutes into the game and I had to admit that I was enjoying myself. I sat between Frank and Melanie. Frank, who was to the left of me, was to the right of Laurie, who in turn, was next to Ray, who was to the left of Gerard. Bob, who was sitting to the right of Gerard, and across from me, was sitting next to Jake, who was sitting next to Cara with his arm around her waist. Mikey sat next to Melanie, and so the circle returned to me. If you would put us in a straight line, this would have been the order; me, Frank, Laurie, Ray, Gerard, Bob, Jake, Cara, Mikey, and Melanie.

"I'll go with the truth," Mikey replied, throwing me a suspicions look.

I thought for a moment, but then my features formed a smirk. "Do you find anyone attractive in this room? Yes or no, it can't be a maybe."

Mikey caught my eye, glaring slightly, having figured out exactly what I was getting at. "Yes."

"Oooo, who?" Cara grinned, nudging him in the ribs.

"Lena didn't say, 'who', so I'm not going to answer," Mikey replied, smugly. "Lena, truth or dare?"

"Truth," I replied, knowing that Mikey would make me pay if I chose the dare.

"Loser," he muttered, disappointment clearly evident on his face. "Fine. Who was your first kiss?"

"But you know!" I protested as Mikey's facial expression formed a sinister smirk. "What's the point of asking something if you already know the answer?"

"You're right, I know, but no one else does," Mikey reasoned. "Now spill."

I sighed, seeing no other way out of this. "Fine, it was Aaron Dunn. Ray, truth or dare?"

"Wait a minute," Laurie gasped, brining her hand to her heart. "Aaron? Are you shitting me? The guy who reads the dictionary for fun?"

"The guy who won every form of science fair since junior high?" Cara fueled the fire.

"The guy who-" Gerard started with an evil smile, but I cut him off.

"Yes!" I groaned in frustration. "I have a thing for nerds, okay?"

I heard Melanie snicker next to me. "Nerds?"

"Who knew?" Frank didn't even try to hide his laughter.

I felt my cheeks grow hot. "Yes, nerds. Mikey, I hate you. Ray, truth or dare."

"Dare," Ray replied without hesitation, looking extremely proud of himself for having the nerve. "Bring it on, bitch."

I smirked, happy to make someone else's life miserable. "Go give Gerard a lap dance for one minute while looking seductively into his eyes. Remember, if you don't do it, you're sleeping outside without any clothes on."

Ray groaned as everyone, besides him and Gerard, erupted into laughter as both of them looked utterly disgusted. "Do I have to? Can't we compromise?"

"Yeah, can't he go and lick the toilet seat or something?" Gerard asked me hopefully, shuddering and scooting away from Ray like he was contagious with some deadly disease.

I grinned, considering the options. "You can kiss Gerard instead."

"Fuck no," Ray informed me, standing up and giving me a dirty look. "Enjoy it while you're still alive."

For the next minute, everyone was roaring with laughter as Ray sloppily tried to danse around Gerard, while giving a half-assed attempt at looking seductive.

"Blow a kiss, Ray," Jake hooted, slapping his knee in hysteria, not even noticing as Ray flipped him the bird.

"That's it," Gerard growled, pushing Ray away, "show's over. Lena, you're gonna pay, you little fucker."

I shrugged, still cracking up over what just happened. "What's worse then Ray giving you a lap dance?"

"Shut up," Ray snapped, turning to face Frank. "Truth or dare."

"Dare," Frank raised one of his eyebrows beside me, almost like he was telling Ray to bring it on.

Ray looked thoughtful, but then he started to grin devilishly. "I dare you to kiss one of your best friends."

My smiled faded a little as I heard Frank's reply. "What? The Way trio?"

Ray nodded in satisfaction as Gerard and Mikey glared at him, both scrunching up their noses in distaste. "Exactly."