You Give Love a Bad Name

Hide and Seek

It was 5 PM, and I was sitting on the couch watching music videos with Bob to the right of me, and Mikey to the left. Just like Mikey and I predicted, Bob had a cross, and five cloves of garlic. I guess he didn't find holly water and a stake. From time to time he was shooting looks of triumph at Gerard, who didn't have a clue what was going on, and was glancing at Bob with confusion from his chair after Bob said that he wouldn't sit with Gerard for all the money in the world.

"Want to tell me whats with all the garlic? And since when did you start wearing a cross?" Gerard finally asked Bob.

"Since I learned that you want to suck my blood!" Bob yelled, thrusting the cross in Gerard's direction. "I know all about you, Way!"

"What do you know all about me?" Mikey, Gerard and I asked in unison.

Bob rolled his eyes. "I meant Gerard, morons."

Mikey and I shrugged and turned back to the TV, but not before giving each other identical smirks.

"I know that you're a vampire Gerard!" Bob said in a shaking voice, pulling the cloves of garlic closer to himself. "You don't have to lie to me anymore. But there is no way in hell that I'm gonna give you my blood without a fight!"

"What the hell is going on?"

All four of us turned around to find that Ray and Laurie were standing in the doorway. Ray grinning, and Cara with utter confusion on her face.

"Well?" Cara demanded.

"Yeah," Gerard said, crossing his arms, and turning to face Mikey and I. "What is going on?"

"Whatever gave you the idea," Mikey began with an innocent expression on his face.

"That we had to do anything with this?" I finished for him.

"We're offended, really." Mikey replied smirking.

"Okay you six, where is my garlic?"

All of us turned around to see my mom with an apron and a spatula, looking a bit pissed off. "I'd like that garlic back now, Bob."

"No, Mrs. Way! It can save my life!" Bob cried dramatically.

Mom raised an eyebrow. "And from what, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Your son! Gerard's a vampire!" Bob said, turning to face astonished Gerard, holding with a cross. "And I'll be damned if he thinks he'll get my blood."

I heard a snort, and turned back towards the doorway, to see Cara and Ray literally on the floor, shaking with laughter.

"Who told you this Bob?" Mom asked with a sigh.

"Mikey and Lena," he replied, glaring at Gerard.

Before she could say anything, Gerard bolted up, advancing towards me and Mikey with insane shine in his eyes. "You're going down!"

"RUN!" Mikey and I both yelled to each other, jumping over the couch and heading towards the back yard.

I wasn't running even a minute, and already had a hard time moving my feet because I was laughing so hard. And as we all know, laughing and running don't mix, so I guess I wasn't really surprised when a pair of strong arms grabbed me from behind, and picked me up. I was surprised though when the arms pushed me behind some bushes.

I fell on the dusty ground, still laughing, and felt a body land next to me. As I looked up, still giggling, I found Ray watching me with a small smile on his face.

"What was that for?" I asked in a whisper, so Gerard or Bob wouldn't hear me and kick my ass.

"I just saved your ass," Ray grinned, practically reading my thoughts.

"I guess I owe you one then, huh?" I said still smiling.

"I guess you do," he said sincerely.

I groaned as someone else landed on top of me.

"Sorry," I heard Mikey's voice whisper.

"You're pretty heavy for being skin and bones," I wheezed under his weight.

I guess either Mikeys fall, or my wheeze was pretty loud, because two hands pulled the bushes apart, followed by Bob's face.

"Gee, I got them!" He yelled over his shoulder smirking.

Oh shit...