You Give Love a Bad Name

The Argument

Before I could bribe Bob with a chocolate cupcake, I saw Gerard's face join him in the bushes.

"Hey, Gee?" I started with a sweet smile. "You know that you're my favorite person right? So don't hurt me."

"I am?" He looked at me in disbelief.

"Well, uh, not really," I replied, with a smirk.

He glared and turned to Ray. "What are you doing? You're were supposed to help me catch them, not hide them."

Ray stood up and dusted himself off. "Who said I was hiding them? Maybe I accidently fell into the bushes."

"Did you?" Bob asked him, pulling me and Mikey up.

"No", Ray replied, and started to run towards the house. "Later suckers!"

Mikey and I stared in shock at the disappearing Ray.

"Fucker," Mikey muttered.

"Now where we?"

Mikey and I gulped, and turned to face Gerard.

As soon as Gerard, Bob, Mikey, and I walked into the kitchen, Mom stopped talking to Cara and stared at the big pools of water that Mikey and I were leaving on the kitchen linoleum.

"What happened to you?" She asked in bewilderment.

Mikey wiped his face and pushed up his glasses. "Gerard and Bob thought it would be funny to push me and Lena into the swimming pool."

Ignoring glares from me and Mikey, Gerard smiled at Mom brightly. "Well, they deserved it. Plus it's not even cold outside, it's August. They'll live."

Mom shook her head. "I'm still waiting for the day when you three grow up."

"Keep waiting," I heard Gerard mumble under his breath.

"What was that?" Mom asked, narrowing her eyes.

Bob, Cara, Mikey, and I snorted as Gerard shook his head quickly. "Nothing, Mom!"

"Good answer, Gerard." She said, and started to go towards the front door. "Bye guys, I'm going to visit a friend for a while. I want the house in the same condition as I left it."

We watched her open and close the front door, then heard the car start and leave.

Gerard broke the silence. "Where's Ray?"

"In the basement with Frank and Laurie," Cara replied. She turned to me, and her eyes widened. "You know that you're shirt is see through, right Lena?"

Slowly I looked down at my torso. How could I been so stupid to forget I was wearing a white shirt? You could clearly see my black bra with Queen going through it. I looked up to find that everyone was watching me. Cara with amusement, Bob with big eyes, and Mikey and Gerard with the 'over-protective big brother' look.

"Um," I said somewhat awkwardly, "I'm just gonna go change."

Just as I was about to exit, Laurie, Ray and Frank walked into the kitchen.

Great...Just what I need...

"Whoa! What happened to you guys?" Laurie asked, taking in the state Mikey and I were in.

"Geetard and Bobfuck pushed us into the swimming pool," Mikey replied. "We were just going to change."

"Knowing Lena, she probably fell in," Frank sneered at me.

See what I meant? Asshole...

"Shut up Frankenstein." I retorted with a glare. "Besides you need to go. Your village called, they want their idiot back."

"Then you better hit the road," he replied with that stupid sneer never leaving his face.

"Yeah?" I started heatedly. "Well, why won't you just fu-"

"We're gonna go now." Mikey cut me off, pushing me towards the stairs.

"Yeah, good idea." Gerard said quickly, trying to block Frank from my view. "Just don't take to long Mikey, band practice is in half an hour."

"Okay," Mikey called over his shoulder, giving me one final push up the stairs.

"Quit that," I hissed. "I can walk fine by myself, thank you very much."

Mikey chose to ignore my request and continued to drag me up the stairs. We struggled for about two minutes until we reached my bedroom door. He opened the door and pushed me inside.

"What the hell is your problem?" I asked him, rubbing my elbow.

"My problem?" Mikey shot back, closing the door and turning around to face me. "Don't you mean what is your problem? Your's and Frank's?"

"What are you talking about?"

He rolled his eyes and leaned against the door. "I mean the way both of you bitch at each other every chance you get. I just don't get you. Actually no, that's an understatement. None of us understand how one minute you two are best friends, and the next both of you are at each other's throats."

I sighed and sat down on my bed. "You have Frank to thank for that. If he wasn't a total jackass, maybe our friendship would be going strong right now."

"Funny. That's what Frank said about you too."

"So you've been talking about me behind my back?" I demanded, crossing my arms. "Hell Mikey, you're the least of all people that I expected this shit from."

"Wait a second!" Mikey said quickly, sitting down besides me on the bed. "First of all, I did not talk about you behind your back. Second, I was ju-"

"Well what do you call it when someone talks to your ex-best friend, who also oh so conveniently happens to be the person you despise, without you knowing about it?" I asked, getting pissed off. "Why don't you enlighten me if I'm missing a point here."

"Can you just let me finish?" Mikey cried, throwing his hands upwards. "I wasn't talking to Frank, Gerard was. And if he wouldn't have done it, I would. Because to tell you the truth, I am - no, all of us are so sick of all the bullshit you and Frank make us go through every time both of you are in the same room together. Enough is enough, Lena."

"So you're blaming all of this on me?" I spat angrily.

"I never said that," he groaned in frustration. "Be mature for a day, stop acting like a bunch of six year olds and talk this out."

"When hell freezes over."

"You're not even religious," Mikey informed me, raising an eyebrow.

"Figure of speech, dumbass. Besides, if he wants to patch things up, fine. But I am not making the first move." I replied with the end-of-discussion tone, opening my drawer and rummaging for a clean shirt.

"I know that you miss him."

"Than you're crazy."

"You know what, Lena?" Mikey said bitterly, standing up and walking towards my door. "I actually thought you were going to be the bigger person and end this stupid feud. I guess I was wrong."

I stared at the same spot on my wall for at least five minutes after Mikey slammed my bedroom door.

I bit down on my lip, willing the hot tears not to fall as I thought about what Mikey said.

I was not going to cave in.