You Give Love a Bad Name

Extra Large

"Thanks, Dad," Mikey grinned, obviously sugar high. "The movie was awesome!"

"Bye, Mikey," Dad smiled. "Take care, Lena and Gerard. I'll call the three of you when I get home. Oh, and thanks for the cupcake, sweetheart. It was delicious."

"You're welcome, Dad," I kissed him on the cheek, getting out of the car. "I'm glad you liked it."

"See you on Friday," Gerard called over his shoulder, following in my footsteps. "I might be a bit late though, I have a lab to go to for college. But I shouldn't be late for more than ten minutes."

"Alright, son," Dad turned the key, starting the engine. "Bye, kids. Tell your Mom I said 'hi'."

"Will do," Mikey waved enthusiastically, one foot already inside the house. "Mom! Dad said 'hi'!"

"Not funny, Lena," Gerard lightly hit me on the arm, grinning, after our Dad backed out of the driveway of his former house. "What the hell did you give Mikey?"

"Pepsi," I replied simply, walking through the already open front door.

"Diet?"

"Regular."

"What size? Medium?"

"Extra large."

"Ugh," Gerard groaned, taking of his coat. "You did that on purpose! You knew he would get sugar high. Now he's gonna be up all night."

I grinned. "Well, it's not like his room is next to mine, is it? "

"It's next to mine!"

"Bonne nuit, Geetard."

"What the fuck is that?" Gerard looked at me suspiciously, starting to walk towards the living room. "Did you finally lose it and start to speak gibberish?"

"It's 'good night' in French, O-Cultured-One," I replied, walking into the living room after my oldest brother. "Too bad that you failed French, 'cause - Um, hello?"

I stopped dead in my tracks, taking in the three faces before me. Mikey was sitting on the couch next to Bob, who was texting on his phone with an impressive speed, while Ray was tuning his acoustic guitar a couple of feet away from the couch and next to the TV.

"Oh, and we have a band meeting tonight, by the way," Gerard said casually, walking over to the coffee table and grabbing the TV remote. "So don't let us keep you up. Boin Nut."

"Lena!" Bob exclaimed all of a sudden, throwing his cellphone on the couch and coming over for a hug. "Thanks for the cupcake, dude."

"Yeah, it was really good," Ray added with a smile, setting his guitar aside. "Where's Iero?"

"He's on his way here," Bob let go of me, after half of the air left my lungs, smiling sheepishly. "Something came up, so he's gonna be a couple of minutes late."

"Is that who you've been texting?" Mikey asked, stretching himself out on the couch now that Bob was by my side.

"Yeah," Bob nodded, swinging his left arm over my shoulders and turning to face me. "So. What are you doing tonight?"

I smiled and shrugged his arm off. "Sleeping. Night, guys. I'll see you tomorrow. Tell Frank I said 'hi'. Or 'good night', I guess."

"Niiight," four voices called after me as I stalked away from the room.

"Lena."

The whisper carried all around me, making me shiver with anticipation. The voice wrapped around my body, circling me, making the goose bumps on my flesh rise.

I knew this voice. It seemed so familiar, but yet so distant. It made me feel calm and relaxed, while managing to make my heart hammer with excitement.

"Lena."

I saw his face. He was smiling radiantly, standing in the middle of nowhere, extending his arms towards me.

He was so close, but yet, no matter how fast I ran, the distance between us stayed the same.

"Frank," I pleaded, trying to block out his melodic laughter.

"Lena."

"Frank!"

"Lena," his hazel eyes started to grow closer. "Wake up."

"Huh?" I stopped, watching him walk towards me.


"WAKE UP!"

My eyes hot open and I tried to sit up, gasping for air. I was stopped by two hands firmly pressing me down by the shoulders.

"Whoa," Frank's smile shone against the dark of the room. "Someone's a deep sleeper."

I just stared at him. It was the first time I came in contact with Frank Iero after I admitted to myself that I liked him. He still looked, sounded, was the same, so why was it hard for me to keep eye contact?

"Hey," Frank's smile faded a little as he took in my flushed appearance, climbing off my bed. "Are you okay?"

I gave a weak grin and plopped back inside the covers. "Never been better. It's my favorite way to wake up, you know. Having someone yell 'WAKE UP' in my ear just gets me hyphed up for the day."

Frank laughed and sat down on the corner of my bed. "It's not my fault that you wouldn't wake up."

Shaking my head, I turned looked over at my alarm clock. 6:15 AM. Fifteen minutes before the alarm was set to go off.

"So," I turned back to face Frank who was studying Puffin. "Can I ask what you're doing here at such an early hour?"

Frank looked up, placing Puffin besides him. "I slept over in Gerard's room."

My mouth stretched into a wide smirk.

He sighed, and rolled his eyes, smiling never less. "No gay comments, please."

My smirk stretched even wider.

"Lena," he whined fakely, throwing Puffin at me. "You suck."

I shrugged. "I don't care. As long as both of you used protection, that is."

All of a sudden I was attacked by Frank's fingers. Laughing, I tried to push him off of me.

"St-stop," I practically chocked out, breathless from laughing, as he tickled my stomach.

To my surprise, he did. Rolling over, he stared into my eyes, biting his lip. "Wanna ditch school today?"