You Give Love a Bad Name

NYC

"What time does Gerard's class get out?"

I stepped aside to avoid a collusion with a business man dressed in a suit and carrying a briefcase, who sped past me, never ceasing his taking into his cellphone feverishly.

"At three. So we got like two more hours to kill," I replied, carefully stepping around a puddle that was on the damp asphalt of the sidewalk.

Frank and I had been aimlessly strolling in New York City for a couple of hours now, looking at all the different types of people and occasionally stopping at some store to look at clothes or CDs.

I must say that the time I spent with Frank was continuing to grow more and more amazing with every second. I could be as immature and crazy as I wanted, because he would up-front me with even wilder antics. I guess our unbeatable energy when we were together was what made us best friends to begin with.

After Frank tried out a ton of vintage shirts at a small 80s store, both of us decided to surprise Gerard with our presence after his latest class got out, on his one hour break before his last class of the day

"What do you want to do?" Frank asked me, bumping me on the side with his hips playfully, causing me to almost hit a passerby and spill my coffee on him..

"Find a place to sit down somewhere," I shot the stranger an apologetic look, bumping Frank back with more force than necessary. "I love walking, but my legs are about to fall off."

"There's a place right there," Frank nodded towards the secluded green area resembling a park that was across the street from us. "Let's go!"

He grabbed my hand and ran across the street, making some drivers honk angrily. It was a good thing that we weren't in the heart of the Big Apple, or even on a crowded street, or else we would have seriously been kissing the road.

"Yeah!" Frank whooped, dropping my arm and jumping around like a little kid, when we were on the other side. "Did you fucking see that? We were inches away from that car!"

I stood in the same spot, ghost-white and shaking. The coffee cup was bouncing up and down in my weak grasp from the hyperventilations my body was producing. I felt lightheaded and like I was floating in mid air.

"...adrenaline and -Um, Lena? What are you doing?" Frank eyed me nervously as I dropped my coffee cup on the ground and turned to face him, my green eyes narrowing into slits.

"Frank. I'm. Going. To. Kill. You." I hissed, stepping towards him, my foot crunching the empty coffee cup beneath my feet. "You could have... We could have... YOU ALMOST FUCKING KILLED ME! You better run like the motherfucking wind, Iero!"

"Heeeey," Frank held up both of his hands, smiling nervously and taking a step backwards. "It's not like I would let anything happen to you. You know that, right? Right? Lena? Lena - AGH!"

I jumped on him, sending both of us tumbling on the grass.

"You're gonna pay, you piece of shit," I growled, not at all playfully, trying to hit him anywhere and everywhere, which was proving to be difficult because he was holding both of my wrists in his hands.

"Relax, Lennie-Poo," Frank laughed, obviously finding the whole situation amusing. "You and I both know that you won't kick my ass, so take a deep breath and calm down. I'll even buy you a new cup of coffee."

"Ugh," I groaned, finally stopping my attempts to free my wrists. "You suck. I'll get Gerard to kick your ass later, so don't think that you got off the hook that easy."

Frank scoffed. "You seriously think that I'm afraid of Gerard? As if! What's he gonna do? Choke me with his pink boa?"

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes, becoming aware that I was on top of Frank and our noses were almost touching. People were starting to stare too. "Want to let go of me now?"

He smirked and shook his head. "No. I'm comfortable the way I am."

"Let go of me," I warned, trying to squirm my way out. "Or I'll - I'll -"

"You'll what?" Frank grinned. "Tell Gerard?"

"I'll lick your face. You'll get cooties. The end," I replied with a small smile, knowing that there was no way in hell he would let me do that.

"Fine."

I took a double take. "What?"

Frank grinned and repositioned both of my wrists in his right hand, putting his left under his head and looking at me with amusement. "Do it. I'd like to see you try."

"You seriously don't think I'm gonna do it?" I challenged, mustering up my best glare, which failed after my eyes connected with Frank's hazel ones, sending my heart into a frenzy.

He shook his head smiling. "No, I don - Ewwww! Lena!"

I grinned in triumph as he released me, brining both of his hands upwards to wipe his cheek.

Jumping up, I started to dust myself off the blades of grass that clang to my dark jacket.

"Sicko," Frank stood up as well, mockingly glaring at me.

"Don't say that I didn't warn you," I shrugged, sticking my tongue out at him. "Can you dust off my back?"

"Sure."

I turned around and heard him step behind me. I bit my lip as I felt quite a few brush like strokes on my back. Then I felt a slap on my ass.

I turned around, placing my hands on my hips. "Excuse me?"

He was grinning again, both of his hands in the pockets of his jeans. "What? It was an accident."