You Give Love a Bad Name

Zorro

Now it was Mikey's turn to sigh. "I seriously need to freshen up on my Disney movies."

Gerard got up from the couch and came to stand beside me, nodding at Mikey and Melanie's entwined hands. "So, should I tell Mom to change the sheets in your room, Mikester?"

That's Gerard for you; no shame whatsoever.

Mikey looked like a deer caught in the headlights, while Melanie grinned and pushed Gerard aside playfully as she went to the kitchen with Mikey in tow. "Don't be stupid. Mikey just showed me his amazing figurine collection."

Gerard looked like he had a hard time believing that, but thankfully he let the subject go.

"Not everyone's like you and Frank," I whispered, ""It's not always 'wham, bam, thank you Ma'am', you know. Some of us have moral values, and Mikey happens to be one of those people."

Gerard looked down at me and rolled his eyes. "Right, Ms. I'll-Wait-Till-I'm-Married."

"At least I won't give my spouse herpes and what not," I retorted.

Gerard was about to say something else, but stopped as the sound of talking reached our ears from the hallway.

We turned our heads towards the door and watched as three people filled into the room. Cara was hanging off Jake's arm as he looked down at her lovingly, dressed as a knight. Logan, on the other hand, was dressed as who I presumed was Jack Sparrow.

I gasped. He looked gorgeous!

He had fake dreadlocks rather than his usually smooth, black hair, and his gray eyes were drowned in eyeliner; highlighting his best feature even more.

Normally pirates weren't my thing, but I was willing to change my taste in cinema because of the way Logan looked.

"What are you? A blue marshmallow?" He asked me teasingly, after his usual bear hug.

Instead of my usually witty answer, I just smiled, thinking that I had the hottest date in the whole school.

Hell, in the whole Belleville.

Ten minutes into the dance and I was already thinking of ways to escape this torture.

Loud, rap music blared through the speakers, and different scents of perfume and cologne mixed in the stuffy, dimly-lit gym, making it impossible for me to concentrate on accomplishing my current task; finding Frank and wishing him a happy birthday.

This year was so fucked up, I suddenly realized. Usually, Frank would spend the night before his birthday at our house, or the other way around - Mrs. Iero didn't mind that I, a 'girl', was in the house. She knew that Frank and I were just friends, and according to her, I was part of the family. We would watch horror movies, and make silly prank calls. One Iero and three Ways; that’s how it had been for almost ten years, and in my opinion, that's what it should have been like tonight.

But instead, here I was, searching for Frank after not having any contact for almost three days.

Is that what happens when people 'grow up'? I thought grimly, walking past yet another group of dancing students. Nothing is simple, but instead gets so incredibly complicated? Then I want to be a kid for the rest of my life.

"Lena!"

I span around, but all I saw was the crowd of costumed teenagers moshing all around me.

With as sigh I turned around, ready to continue my search yet again, but was stopped as I bumped into something.

Or someone.

My eyes traveled from the black silk shirt, to the hazel eyes, which stared at me from the black cowl mask. I didn't need for him to take off the simple black cloth that covered upper half of his face to know who hid behind the disguise.

Only Frank Iero could take my breath away with just a simple glance.

"Hi," I breathed out, fully aware that my heart was hammering louder than the thunderous noise that my classmates called music.

His cool breath washed over my face. "Hey. I've been looking for you."

Who was I kidding when I said that I hate the hottest date? The hottest guy in the whole world was standing right in front of me, so close that I could count different specks of green in his eyes.

"Me?" I asked, somewhat dazed. "Why are you looking for me?"

"So I could apologize for being an ass to you and Logan on Sunday." Frank frowned. "I should really try and control my temper more." But then a smile started to creep on his face. "So you forgive me, right?"

"Hmm, lets see," I tapped my chin in mock concentration. "Well, since its your birthday, I suppose we could work something out. Which reminds me, HAPPY FUCKING BIRTHDAY!"

"Heeeey! What are you doing?" Frank yelped, as I started to lightly punch him on the arm.

"You're eighteen, right? So suck it up and take your birthday punches like a man," I grinned, making sure that the last one was a bit harder.

"Can't wait till I see Gerard. He'll leave me black and blue." Frank laughed and surveyed me. "So what are you supposed to be? A blue marshmallow?"

I stared at him. "You've got to be kidding me! What's wrong with you, men? Its like you, Gerard and Logan are saying this just to piss me off!"

Frank looked like he was laughing at some private joke. "Well how do you think I found you? Gerard specifically said, 'Look for a giant blue marshmallow and you'll find Lena'."

"And what are you supposed to be, exactly?" I asked suspiciously.

"Zorro."

"Oh, well, you-"

"FRANK!"

I cringed as I recognized the unmistakable voice of Frank's girlfriend; Manda.