You Give Love a Bad Name

The Faint

"Fraaaank," Midnight called again, with, uh...seductive smile on her face. "Come out, sweetheart! We'll make your birthday one that you'll never forget."

"Damn right, I won't," Frank whispered next to me, looking around with wide scared eyes. "Where the hell are they?"

I tried to keep a straight face. "Who?"

"Your brothers. I know Toro didn't have anything to do with this. He's not that sadistic."

But before he could find and beat up the rest of the Way clan, somebody shone a bright spotlight in our direction, making me and Frank cringe and cover our eyes with both hands.

"Heeeeerezzz Frankie!" Gerard's happy voice sounded through the room, the words slurred and distorted, followed by his signature giggle.

There was an 'omph' sound next to me, and out of the corner of my eye I saw Frank being dragged by the scruff of his black silky shirt by Daisy, towards Kiwi and Midnight.

"Gerard, you little shit!" Frank yelled, trying to break free of the drag queen's firm grasp. Good luck with that.

Upon hearing those four word escape from Frank's mouth, Gerard fell on the floor laughing, obviously wasted beyond belief.

Weird, he was somewhat sober five minutes ago when we were exchanging presents.

To stop Frank's protest, Kiwi took her red scarf and made it into a gag. Now my eyes matched Frank's in size. The Exotic Package were a bit too creepy and dominant for my taste.

With mouth hanging open in shock, I started back up from the crime scene and accidently bumped into someone. Mikey was staring at the spectacle with the same wide eyes, arms around Melanie's waist. Both of them were swaying back and forth.

Were Frank and I the only ones who weren't hammered at this party?

"Mikey?" I whispered with urgency.

"Hmm?"

"What...what the hell is this?" I nodded towards Midnight and Daisy, who were dancing around Frank and Kiwi in a circle, much like a predator would around his pray. "When Gerard said strippers, I imagined them with a vagina. Get my drift?"

Mikey snorted and Melanie started bouncing up and down, clapping her hands with childish amusement.

"Lookatzeirsparklydrezes!"

Mikey and I turned to look at her. Melanie was pointing at the Exotic Package with excitement shining in her green eyes. Before any of us could stop her, she ran up to the drag queens and petrified Frank, and started dancing to the upbeat tempo of The Offspring's Pretty Fly For A White Guy.

I closed my eyes and leaned against the wall, suddenly feeling like the whole room was spinning out of place. The music became a distant beat, and the sound of my breathing multiplied it's volume in my head.

I opened my eyes and saw the people around me laughing in slow motion. Bob was talking with Ray in the corner, gesturing wildly with his hands. Gerard was dancing with Melanie next to the Exotic Package, with Mikey looking at them with a wide smile. After getting over the shock that his closest friends hired him three drag queen strippers, Frank looked like he was enjoying himself as well.

Some guy touched my shoulder. "Hey, are you okay? You look pale."

I wanted to reply, but darkness replaced his concerned face as I fell into an oblivion.

The first thing I noticed when I opened my eyes was how harsh the sunlight that streamed through the window was.

The second thing was that I was still in my dress from the night before, and I was laying on my bed with familiar posters splattered around the walls in a comforting pattern.

The third? Frank Iero was sleeping next to me, still clad in his Zorro costume, only his hat and mask were gone from his head. The golden ray of sunlight fell across the bottom half of Frank's face, making his lip ring glisten with diamond-like shine.

After admiring how serene and beautiful Frank face looked for a couple of minutes, I sat up, careful not to wake my sleeping friend, and tried to remember how I got here. Last thing that ran through my mind was that guy asking me if I was okay. And that was it. The rest of the night was blank.

With a sigh, I stood up and went downstairs to see if anyone else was awake.

The house was a mess. There were sleeping bodies on various chairs and couches. Plastic cups and paper plates littered the floor along with shards of broken liquor bottles.

Mom was coming home at four, and I hoped to God we were going to be able to make this place presentable again.

The first sight that greeted me as I walked into the kitchen was Gerard sprawled on the chair, head against the kitchen table, a water bottle and Tylenol next to him.

Knowing better than to just surprise him with my presence, I came up to his sleeping form and started to gently shake him awake. "Gee?"

"Wazzup?"

"Gerard, wake up."

He yawned and lifted his head, his honey eyes clouded with fatigue. "What?"

"What happened last night?" I asked him softly, careful not to speak too loudly and make his hangover worse.

Gerard groaned and buried his head in his hands. "You passed out. My friend from college caught you and Frank spent the rest of the night with you. Can you please talk quieter? My head is about to explode."

"Sorry," I whispered, feeling his pain. "Mikey?"

"His room."

I nodded, and started to go back upstairs so I could get ready for the day ahead of me that was full of cleaning and tiding up.

Twenty minutes later, I was stepping out from the hot shower, my pale skin flushed pink and my wet hair resting in dark coils against my back.

As I wrapped my fluffy white towel around myself, I realized with a sinking heart that Frank was still in my room, along with my clothes.

Silently cursing myself for my stupidity, I tiptoed to my bedroom door and was about to place a hand on the doorknob, when the door opened and Frank stepped out into the hallway, his features frozen in a mid yawn.