You Give Love a Bad Name

First Day of School

I sat in my in my desk, counting down the minutes till lunch.

5 minutes and 32 seconds till I'm free! Well for 45 minutes anyway...

Yep, it was the first day out of many of me being a Senior, and it wasn't going so great for me.

First of all, Mikey and I overslept, and if it wasn't for Gerard, we would probably still be sleeping. Second of all, we were supposed to meet Cara, Bob and Frank in front of the school building, but of course we couldn't do it due to the fact that we overslept, so it probably resulted in Cara, Frank and Bob being pissed at me and Mikey, which was never good.

4 minutes and 12 seconds to go...

Of course I tried calling them. I called Cara and Bob, but both of their phones were off. I didn't call Frank for the obvious reason that we no longer spoke to each other, and Mikey couldn't call him because he forgot his cell.

3 minutes 48 seconds...

After grabbing our schedules, two minutes after the tardy bell rang, Mikey and I ran to our first class, which we thankfully had together; English 4 Honors, only to find out our teacher, Mrs. Ramsey, was a total bitch. After being yelled at for about three minutes because we were late, we were sent to our desk, so she could pile up about a week worth of homework that we had to turn in two days.

2 minutes 26 seconds...

Right now I sat in Biology, which was painfully boring. About five minutes into class, I could see that I would get an easy A because Mr. Hinton was an ex-Hippie, who thought it would be better to teach us about The Beatles then his subject.

Not that I was complaining.

1 minute 39 seconds...

After lunch I would have American Government with Mikey, and hopefully with either Bob or Cara. I wasn't really worried about that subject since History was never my weak point, unlike Math and Science. My only concern was that it was AP, and it was with Mr. Lareeze, which meant that my life would circle around his never ending piles of homework. According to Ray, anyway.

42 seconds...

Since Belleville High had a block schedule, I wouldn't be able to find out what Calculus, Foods, and Drama 3 would be like till tomorrow. The last two were okay, but the idea of me learning Calculus really scared the shit out of me. I was yet to understand how I passed Geometry and Algebra 2 with decent grades..

3...

2...

1!


I smiled, grabbing my backpack off my desk, and ran past Mr. Hinton, who was in mid sentence about the concert he went to, out the classroom door. His exiting story would have to wait till another day.

"Lena!"

I turned around as I heard someone call out my name in the busy hallway of my high school. I grinned as I realized it was Cara that was running at me, with her schedule in her hands.

"Hey, where were you this morning? Bob, Frank and I waited for you and Mikey for about twenty minutes until the warning bell rang," she said accusingly, while giving me a sloppy, one armed hug.

"Sorry about that," I smiled guiltily, "Mikey and I overslept. If it wasn't for Gerard, we would probably be sleeping right now, actually. I tried to call you, but your phone was off."

"I could have swore I put it on vibrate," Cara mumbled, taking out her phone and pushing some buttons. "What about Bob? You could have called him, so we didn't have to stay outside for God knows how long."

"I did call him. He never picked up," I explained. "Who did you just have?"

"English 4 with Jidd. Fuck, that guy is vicious," Cara complained. "Bob is in my class though, so it won't suck as much."

"Oh, dude, I feel for you," I patted her on the back knowingly. "He almost failed Gerard, last year."

"Thanks," Cara laughed nervously. "Now I'm gonna get a lot of sleep at night."

"Hey," I said grinning lightly, "there's nothing a little tutoring and extra credit can't fix."

"A little?" Cara raised her eyebrows at me.

"Okay, fine, a lot."

Cara groaned and snatched the schedule from my hands. "Change of subject. What classes do you have? Hmm..." She studied the piece of white paper carefully. "Oh, you have Calculus with Bob...I think you have French 4 with Frank. I'm not sure though." She looked up quickly. "Just saying."

"I know," I reassured her with a weak smile. "Any classes with you?"

"Um," she studied my schedule again. "Yeah! Foods and Drama 3."

I high fived her, and took my schedule back. "I have American Government next with Mikey. I heard Lareeze is really tough."

"That's what Ray said. It doesn't really matter though, I'm not taking AP, that means my class is with Jones, " Cara smiled victoriously. "He's like the nicest teacher in the whole New Jersey. Actually, the whole USA. Maybe even the whole worl-"

"I get the idea," I laughed, and started to walk towards the cafeteria, only to be tackled towards the nearest wall by Bob. "Jeez! Some people just say 'Hi', Bob."

"Some people," he said told me with wide eyes.

"Morons just tackle," Mikey said, coming up from behind. "And Bob falls exactly into that category."

Cara and I laughed as Bob tried to push Mikey in the Girls bathroom, which we were passing, and succeeded.