You Give Love a Bad Name

Mark's

"Ewww, my eyes!"

"Get the fuck out of my room, Mikey!"

"No."

"Go bother Gerard."

"He and Frank left ten minutes ago, while you were still in the shower."

I sighed and walked over to my closet, pulling my bathrobe tighter around me and pointedly ignoring Mikey, who was sitting in the exact center of my bed.

Today was Friday, also the day when I should have been at the Green Day concert with Frank, rocking out the fast tempo of my favorite band's music. Instead, I was probably going to end up at the movies with Mikey and Melanie, as well as Logan, my bisexual 'boyfriend', who had a thing for my oldest brother.

"Dress casually," Mikey advised behind me, as I rummaged for a pair of clean pants.

I rolled my eyes heavenwards. "I am not going to dress at all if you don't get out of my room, Michael."

"But I'm bored! Melanie and Logan are not going to be here for another thirty minutes."

"Um," I got out a pair of dark-blue jeans and a plain, black shirt, "can't you be a normal teenage boy and raid Gerard's room for porn or something?"

Pause. "Good idea."

I turned my head just in time to see my bedroom door close.

I sat in the back of the car that I shared with Mikey and Gerard, Logan by my side, Mikey driving, and Melanie sitting shot-gun. It's been almost twenty minutes since we left my house, but it seemed like it was mere five minutes because of all the thoughts that were swimming around in my head.

"You're awfully quiet today," Mikey noted, his honey-colored eyes looking at me through the rearview mirror.

Melanie turned down the radio and turned to face me. "Yeah, what's up? Didn't have your daily kiss from Logan yet?"

Immediately a big smile was plastered on my face, making Logan, Mikey and Melanie laugh.

"You know what I just realized?" Melanie asked Logan suddenly.

Logan yawned. "What?"

"I know that you two just started dating, but I never saw you and Lena kiss," Melanie noted, turning back to face the front. "Like, you're not very, uh, how can I put it?"

"Affectionate?" Mikey helped out.

"Yeah, that's the word I was looking for."

I froze.

"It's kinda out of character for Lena," Mikey prattled away happily. "Usually she's like...in your face and all. At least she was with all of her past boyfriends."

"I guess I'm just different," Logan replied, putting a comforting arm around my shoulders.

"Yeah," Mikey nodded. "I guess you are."

Ten minutes later, and we were pulling up in front of Mark's, a small venue that small-time bands used as their dwelling place. It was also the place where My Chemical Romance, the band that the guys were in, played their first gig almost half a year ago.

But that's not why my eyes were the size of dinner plates as I stared at the glowing, neon sign above the door.

"Surprise!" Mikey turned off the engine and turned to look at everyone with a proud smile on his face. "I know you girls were expecting a movie, but I thought that seeing a legendary band would be so much better."

"Who are we seeing?" Melanie asked with excitement.

"Green Day," Logan answered before Mikey could, shooting me a look and then turning back to face Melanie. "Originally it was supposed to be only you and Mikey, but then you kinda invited me and Lena along."

Mikey shrugged. "The more the merrier."

"Oh, Mikey," Melanie threw her arms around my brother's neck, planting a big one on his lips, "thank you! Billie Joe is so hot!"

I finally turned away from the sign, and leaned over to Logan, so only he would hear what came out from my slightly parted lips. "Did Frank know we were going to be here?"

"No," Logan whispered back, pushing a strand of silky, black hair away from his gray eyes, "Mikey wan-"

"I thought that it would be a good idea if we surprised Frankie and Gerard," Mikey's voice rang out throughout the car, making me and Logan turn away from each other and look at him. "Kinda like, 'Hi! I bet you didn't know we would be here, did ya?', y'know? I'll call Gerard to tell him who'll be joining them tonight."

But I was already dialing Frank's number.

It went straight to his voice mail.

Hey, it's Frank Iero. Unless you're mentally challenged, you'll know what to do after the beep. Bye.

"Dammit," I heard Mikey sigh in the front. "Gerard's phone is off."